Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

New member from Central FL

Hello all. I just stumbled across this site looking for answers to some questions I have about my build and thought it was a good idea to join up.

I have a 1972 Q-Code Torino with the original 4v 351C and 4-speed. I bought this car when i was 15 and i drove it to high school. Back then it was all about being loud and fast so i gutted her and did just that. But now that I'm a little older, I am regretting what I did. Hind sight and all that.

The plan now...convert her from carb to Holly Dominator EFI engine management, twin turbos, complete interior and exterior overhaul. I want to retain the factory 351C block and heads and the Toploader. I know a T56 would be more practical but I want to keep a little of the nostalgia of the 4-speed. I'm also going to keep the factory bucket seats, just reupholstered in leather instead of vinyl.

Looking forward to talking with all of you!

-Justin

Welcome to Pro-touring! I can't help with any of your technical questions but I urge you to start a project thread when you get a chance/
      Steve Hayes
      "Dust Off"
      68 Camaro

Given sufficient initial acceleration, even pigs can fly!

Welcome to the forum brotha...I m also in central Florida constantly building my 77ta and I have a few great mechanic friends in the area if you need help anything let me know.....I’m going with the Holley terminator x on my new motor also....sounds like a nice car

Welcome!

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Welcome! I'm in SE Orlando. FWIW my advice would be to figure out what you're ACTUALLY going to do with the car and how you're ACTUALLY going to drive the car and go from there. Read that over and over again.

Most (even on here) don't "need" twin turbos etc. or even 500+hp. Rule of thumb, if you're going to autocross the car = 550hp or if you're going to road race the car = 650hp. If it's a street car, 500hp is plenty and TORQUE IS KING!

Your original 351C with a 383-408cid stroker crank, some good flowing aluminum heads, roller cam, exhaust and a Holley Terminator TBI will get you to 500-550hp pretty easily on 93 pump gas and with a big girl like your Torino TORQUE IS KING... especially on the street! (Iron 4V heads will put you in the 450-500hp range on pump gas). And you're gonna want an Over Drive! Built 5-speeds are more expensive but since you were already talking about twin turbos... you WILL need at least a TKO or the torque and power will break the average T5.

My two cents... and the best advice I ever got (and didn't follow) is in the first line. IMHO you've got the "Holy Grail" of Torinos with a 1972 Q CODE 4 SPEED 351 Cobra Jet Coupe... I wouldn't muck with twin turbos.

Now, "get off my lawn!"
      SMSgt Ty Ingle, USAF
      "CF71" - Freedom Bird
      Hoodpins.com, Inland Empire Driveline, Billet Accessories Direct, Modo Innovations, AutoRad Radiators, Morris Classic Concepts, Marquez Design, Anvil Auto, Fesler Billet, US Collision (DOOM), AGR Performance, Pro-touringF-body.com, Phoenix Transmission Products, Shiftworks, ACC Carpet, Hedman Hedders, BMR Fabrication, American Autowire, MityMounts, TIN INDIAN Performance, Kauffman Racing Equipment, Pypes, RobbMc Performance, WMC, Holley, NOS, PST

Welcome from Jacksonville!

Chris
      1968 Chevy Camaro SS
      LS3/T56 DSE suspension

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com