Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
      Country Flag: United States

1st Gen Camaro Art Morrison GT Front Clip with C6/C7 Control Arms

Hey y'all I know there has been some controversy with AME going away from the C6/C7 control arms. I've talked to several guys who were saving up for the conversion sitting on Vette control arms that were disappointed to find out they could no longer order a bare frame designed to work with their C6/C7 CA's. If full disclosure I'm a dealer for AME and have helped out several guys here. I'd like to get a roll call of potential buyers who would be interested in the old style bare frame that accepts the C6/C7 CA's. I'm working on a campaign with AME to possibly produce a limited run of previous style C6/C7 bare frames for guys that specifically want this option over their new fabricated control arms.

You're welcome to call or text me for more info. This isn't a for sure deal at this point but it's looking possible with the current hiccup in the economy. This also isn't a For sale add. I'm trying to compile interest and data to pass on to my contact at AME. More details will follow once we can get a head count of 10 or more interested.

Raise your hand now or forever hold your peace.

Cheers,

Corey Condit
      714-658-6291

Name:  0B975149-9563-4779-9951-0D1CC9EE2D02.jpg
Views: 2118
Size:  122.0 KB
      69 Camaro
      Art Morrison C6 Subframe
      Art Morrison Tri-4 link

Country Flag: Philippines
      Quote Originally Posted by Cdog View Post
      Hey y'all I know there has been some controversy with AME going away from the C6/C7 control arms. I've talked to several guys who were saving up for the conversion sitting on Vette control arms that were disappointed to find out they could no longer order a bare frame designed to work with their C6/C7 CA's. If full disclosure I'm a dealer for AME and have helped out several guys here. I'd like to get a roll call of potential buyers who would be interested in the old style bare frame that accepts the C6/C7 CA's. I'm working on a campaign with AME to possibly produce a limited run of previous style C6/C7 bare frames for guys that specifically want this option over their new fabricated control arms.

You're welcome to call or text me for more info. This isn't a for sure deal at this point but it's looking possible with the current hiccup in the economy. This also isn't a For sale add. I'm trying to compile interest and data to pass on to my contact at AME. More details will follow once we can get a head count of 10 or more interested.

Raise your hand now or forever hold your peace.

Cheers,

Corey Condit
      714-658-6291

Name:  0B975149-9563-4779-9951-0D1CC9EE2D02.jpg
Views: 2118
Size:  122.0 KB
      I would be interested.
      69 Camaro LS2, ridetech 4 link fikse wheels yada yada yada
      17 Grand Sport

Thanks for all who have contacted me so far. Please continue to raise your hand if you're interested. We do need more....

I'm also working with a supplier who has a modified upright steering arm combo that will optimize the AME frame so all you'll need is C6/7 control arms. This is coming from a well known and trusted suspension designer and manufacturer. PM me if you would like more details...

Cheers!!
      69 Camaro
      Art Morrison C6 Subframe
      Art Morrison Tri-4 link

Wish i would have seen this earlier. i end up get the new style arms. But wanted the C6/C7 setup... well if any one needs a brand new compete set of uppers and lowers hit me up..Name:  Screenshot_20200731-191432.jpg
Views: 1449
Size:  70.7 KBName:  Screenshot_20200731-191432.jpg
Views: 1449
Size:  70.7 KB

I'm still interested in a Gen2 subframe for my 70 Camaro.

Keep updating!! We have 4 interested so far....we need more
      69 Camaro
      Art Morrison C6 Subframe
      Art Morrison Tri-4 link

possibly interested. do you have a rough idea of price?

I’m curious if there is a performance or ride quality difference or is it just a preference? My AME subframe has the C6 arms and I love the ride.

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

Quote Originally Posted by Truckie707 View Post
      possibly interested. do you have a rough idea of price?

Approximately what you see a bare frame going for now. $3800 ish.
      69 Camaro
      Art Morrison C6 Subframe
      Art Morrison Tri-4 link

Quote Originally Posted by dhutton View Post
      I’m curious if there is a performance or ride quality difference or is it just a preference? My AME subframe has the C6 arms and I love the ride.

Don

There is a preference to using the GM parts, It allows a builder to assemble those parts for much cheaper & assemble items like drop spindles and suspension improvements like the new Lateral Dynamics uprights & steering arms to their build without buying parts twice.
      69 Camaro
      Art Morrison C6 Subframe
      Art Morrison Tri-4 link

Thanks for the 'nod Cdog!

Corey and I have been in discussions about the older gen AME front subframe, which uses the C5/6 Upper and Lower control arms. In my opinion, it's the best performance orientated front subframe (currently) offered on the market, and as Corey states, isn't "actually" available on the market. AME for their own reasons went with a different control arm configuration for the latest configuration suspension. And yes, as Corey also states, the Lateral-D Competitor Spindles offer an improvement to the original (and current?) AME geometry by relocating the hub assembly ~1" lower than the factory C5/6 spindle (ie. "dropped spindles"). "Dropped" spindles, especially for these types of applications, can really improve the overall performance potential of the front suspension.

One of our customers here in So Cal is running the older AME front frame, with Lateral-D spindles, as well as some other small but important changes to the rack location, custom L-D LCA's, and overall setup is getting pretty seriously fast, as well as reporting FAR better driver feedback than the original build setup. The car is no joke, it originally ran a brand "D" front front and rear suspension, both have since been replaced and the results have been incredible. Can't take any credit for the rear setup (although, in mere days, we have a solution for that!!!) but the car is blistering fast and only getting better.

I think a better question is, who wants the best performance front subframe setup on the market, and what would that entail? Timeframe? $$$? Serious customers, please.....

Mark
      Mark Magers

Founder and Principal, Lateral Dynamics LLC
      [email protected]
      lateral-dynamics.com

One tenth of a second on the race track is often the difference between first place, and fourth.

My hat is in the ring for this. Let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by chicane67 View Post
      My hat is in the ring for this. Let me know.
      Wow, holy blast from the past Batman....

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

Quote Originally Posted by dhutton View Post
      Wow, holy blast from the past Batman....
      Shuuush ! I'm not dead yet.

What width wheel and what backspace works on this setup?

I'm just about sold on the L-D rear so I'd seriously be interested if these were made. How wide of a tire can they handle?
      Erik

https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...without-a-name

Camaro LS2, T56, 12 bolt, C6 Z06 brakes, Rushforth Super Spokes, ATS Spindles
      2006 Chevy Trailblazer SS

It isn't much of a stretch at all to put a 10" wide wheel and a 275 tire up front from my experience - at least on a 69 Camaro. You can go deeper but will lose a bit of steering radius, which I feel is a fine trade-off. Also, plan on modifying (slightly) the inner fenderwell on the outer side if you are using OEM style pieces, it's simple but the first area to rub when you drop the car down to today's typical low ride heights.
      Mark Magers

[email protected]
      lateral-dynamics.com

One tenth of a second on the race track is often the difference between first place, and fourth.

Any idea of backspace? Just curious if my current setup is close.

With the C6 based AME on our car, 275 RA1's, the backspacing was 7". You should always use a setup gauge to make sure you have it spot on before ordering wheels, but for reference, that's what we used.
      Mark Magers

[email protected]
      lateral-dynamics.com

I finally got the greenlight on this project guys I’ll be contacting each one of you individually here over the next couple days with details.

Any of you are welcome to call or text me at 714-658-6291
      69 Camaro
      Art Morrison C6 Subframe
      Art Morrison Tri-4 link

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com