Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

vintage air monster electric fan

Has anyone used a Vintage Air monster electric fan on a 1967 Chevy Camaro. It is rated at 850 watts. What does that mean in CFM. Does this fan flow as much as a Lincoln mark 8 fan. What fan controller is recommended for this fan.

Country Flag: United States
      I'm running a mid-90's Ford Taurus fan... similar to the Lincoln mark-8 fan. It moves a TON of air, even on the low speed. The high speed is like a wind tunnel, though it rarely ever gets used.

If anyone has cooling issues running this fan, rest assured it's not due to insufficient fan capability.

I'm controlling it off my ECM, but I know there are other controllers out there.

Make sure you run a capable relay... keeping in mind that my fan actually melted a 40 amp relay on the high speed and literally caught it on fire during my initial setup. As a result I'm running two Bosch 75 amp relays (one on each fan speed) and have had it like that for almost 10 years now I think.

Here's a write up I did on how I mounted it...

http://ultm8z.com/Ford%20Taurus%20fa...write%20up.pdf

One thing to make sure to do is seal it to the radiator with some high-temperature foam... it pulls so hard that it'll exploit leak paths and reduce efficiency, so you want to force it to pull through the radiator.
      1971 Camaro
      GM HT383, MiniRam EFI, AFR heads
      "8-speed" trans (700R4 + Gear Vendors OD)

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com