Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Question about terminator x

Hi guys, I’m trying to help a buddy out from another forum so here is his question,

Anyone here use the Terminator X with trans control on a 4x4 with VSS in transfer case? If so will it still shift normally in 4low since its seeing a different VSS speed due to low range. Stock PCM has a shift table just for 4low. So no big deal. Granted usually most just shift 1-2 in low anyway or manually shift it 1-2 typically.

Just wondering working on a LS swap, and customer wanted TX setup. Its a 4L80 so I could add the VSS reluctor to rear drum since the 2wd VSS is in the case and not worry about it, just don't want to have to tear trans apart its low mile unit.

Thank you.

Country Flag: United States
      Unfortunately, the shifting will not be the same in 4Lo, because as you noted, the speed calculation will be wrong. I looked in the software to see if anything can be done with the Advanced ICF, but there are no previsions to alter the VSS signal based on an input. If this was possible, you could created an input that lets the ECU know that the transmission was in 4Lo and thus offset the VSS signal.

If you can add a VSS anywhere on the output side of the transfer case, this will not be an issue.

Also, if you need tuning help, let me know. I have been doing a lot of remote Holley tuning.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Thanks for the reply Andrew, much appreciated.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com