Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

68 nova disk brake options

Hi all,
      as the weather here in upstate ny starts to get progressively warmer, I’m planning out my pro touring build. I’ve got a 68 plain Jane nova. I’ve already been in the suspension area trying to plan this out. My goals for the car are some spirited back roads runs, lots of cruising around and some autocross here and there. I’ve been looking at the 11” SS4+ or 13” SSR Baer disk brake kits to do a conversions in all four corners but would like to keep the manual brakes. Any opinions or recommendations are welcome! Thanks in advance!

Emmett

Hi Emmett;

Talk to Tobin at Kore3, he can recommend and compare all the options. I'd suggest C6 vette brakes, a lot of advantages to going with oem parts, easy to buy replacement parts just about anywhere.

Wayneb

Country Flag: United States
      wayneb,

having the ability to replace parts as needed easily is a big perk! I’ll have to get in contact with Tobin and put something together! Thanks!

I put the C6 Z06 upgrade.. from Kore3 great stuff
      72 Baldwin Motion (Tribute) EFI
      67 SS 396 (496) Red EFI
      99 Hugger orange Z28 Sold

2001 SS Camaro SLP 19K miles

Pretty good cost wise are either 97 Fbody 12" rear brakes with the clamp style ebrake or the 1998 up Fbody 12" rear brakes with the drum style internal ebrake. The 1998 ebrake works much better. All OEM parts.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com