Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Cheap roller wheel options?

My 1969 camaro is getting close from being just a shell to a roller. However I don’t have wheels big enough the clear the Wilwood 6 piston and rear 4 piston. Does anyone have and good recommendations for cheap rollers? I don’t want to order my wheels yet since the car has no motor and trans and I want it fully assembled before I do that.

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by 71maroesteban View Post
      My 1969 camaro is getting close from being just a shell to a roller. However I don’t have wheels big enough the clear the Wilwood 6 piston and rear 4 piston. Does anyone have and good recommendations for cheap rollers? I don’t want to order my wheels yet since the car has no motor and trans and I want it fully assembled before I do that.
      Can you just remove the calipers and use what you have?
      Sometimes you can find C5+ Corvette or Gen 5+ Camaro wheels for a good price on Craigslist or Facebook marketplace.

-Dale
      SchwartzPerformance
      The leader in bolt-in muscle car chassis
      SchwartzPerformance.com | GMachineChassis.com | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Dealer for: Forgeline, RideTech, Tremec, American Powertrain, Silver Sport Transmissions, GM Performance Parts, RECARO, Cerullo Seats, TMI Products, Vintage Air, Baer Brakes, Wilwood, BeCool, AFCO, Tanks Inc, Holley / Hooker, Ultimate Headers, Rick's Tanks, Moser Engineering, Currie, TechAFX, Stainless Works, II Much Fabrication, and many more

Quote Originally Posted by Schwartz Performance View Post
      Can you just remove the calipers and use what you have?
      Sometimes you can find C5+ Corvette or Gen 5+ Camaro wheels for a good price on Craigslist or Facebook marketplace.

-Dale
      Would my 15 inch wheels clear the rotors?

Dale has a good suggestion. I've seen some take offs on FB Marketplace for really cheap.
      I bought GTO spare donuts off eBay for mine. I don't have brakes on mine yet, but they work well.

Country Flag: Canada
      I've seen guy buy black steel winter rims ,cut the centers out and set the offset to suit their needs then reweld
      Spinnin'my tires in life's fast lane

Ryan Austin
      On twitter @raustinss
      On Instagram austinss70

Stock 2nd gen and 3rd gen wheels wheels are cheap.

Also, like mentioned, take off the calipers and/or rotors and throw whatever you have on.

Quote Originally Posted by 71maroesteban View Post
      Would my 15 inch wheels clear the rotors?
      I have the same wilwood set up 6/4 on my '68 Camaro. Had no issues running my old 15" wheels in the rear at all - cleared with calipers on. Had to remove calipers in the front tho. Clears rotors no prob.
      '68 Chevy Camaro Pro-tour ~ project DMENTD
      '57 Chevy 3100 Pro-tour pickup ~ under construction

No brakes on my roller yet, but I used 3/4" plywood to make 'wagon' wheels. Hammered a nail in the middle, used a piece of string to draw my circle, and used a random wheel spacer in my tool box as the template for stud spacing and hub opening. I've had no problems moving the car around in the garage with the drivetrain in it.Name:  20200306_181855.jpg
Views: 242
Size:  166.2 KB

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com