Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
      Country Flag: Canada

Affordable Wheels

Looking to get wheels for my monte ss pro touring build. The car won't see track/auto cross but will be a fun street driver.

Any advice on who can provide the most affordable pro touring style wheel? Let me know, thanks!!

Country Flag: United States
      US Mags, American Racing, XXR.
      Joshua O

Affordable means different things to different people. What’s your budget?

Basically it Depends on width and backspace. If it is not a stock backspace more money. If it’s a two piece wheel definitely more money.
      My half a$$ed build thread.https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...elle-6-0-4L60E

Tighten it till it strips & back it off a quarter turn.

Would be stock to fit Gbody.. I may consider doing frame notch to gain me a little more width in the rear. As for budget 2-3k

I know I'm not going to be getting forgelines... but Im sure there is a more budget minded set that would work for a street car!

You can't be Rushforth Wheels in that price range! Lots of style options and custom backspacing available on every wheel they sell!
      SMSgt Ty Ingle, USAF
      "CF71" - Freedom Bird
      Hoodpins.com, Inland Empire Driveline, Billet Accessories Direct, Modo Innovations, AutoRad Radiators, Morris Classic Concepts, Marquez Design, Anvil Auto, Fesler Billet, US Collision (DOOM), AGR Performance, Pro-touringF-body.com, Phoenix Transmission Products, Shiftworks, ACC Carpet, Hedman Hedders, BMR Fabrication, American Autowire, MityMounts, TIN INDIAN Performance, Kauffman Racing Equipment, Pypes, RobbMc Performance, WMC, Holley, NOS, PST

Any wheel dealers that have good pricing on American racing wheels?

Vision 143
      https://www.protouringf-body.com "doing what they say can't be done"

My half a$$ed build thread.https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...elle-6-0-4L60E

Quote Originally Posted by pro86tourn View Post
      Any wheel dealers that have good pricing on American racing wheels?
      We are a dealer for a number of companies including American Racing. Let me know what you’re looking for in a PM and I’ll see what I can do!

-Dale
      SchwartzPerformance
      The leader in bolt-in muscle car chassis
      SchwartzPerformance.com | GMachineChassis.com | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Dealer for: Forgeline, RideTech, Tremec, American Powertrain, Silver Sport Transmissions, GM Performance Parts, RECARO, Cerullo Seats, TMI Products, Vintage Air, Baer Brakes, Wilwood, BeCool, AFCO, Tanks Inc, Holley / Hooker, Ultimate Headers, Rick's Tanks, Moser Engineering, Currie, TechAFX, Stainless Works, II Much Fabrication, and many more

Whose a dealer for these wheels?

Quote Originally Posted by 79T/Aman View Post
      Vision 143
      As mentioned here, Vision 143 (look on eBay) is probably your cheapest route to aftermarket 18” wheels.

The above route or get some used later model F-Body, Corvette or other GM 5x4.75 wheels with adapters.

Quote Originally Posted by pro86tourn View Post
      Whose a dealer for these wheels?
      I'm a dealer for Rocket as well.

-Dale
      SchwartzPerformance
      The leader in bolt-in muscle car chassis
      SchwartzPerformance.com | GMachineChassis.com | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram

Dealer for: Forgeline, RideTech, Tremec, American Powertrain, Silver Sport Transmissions, GM Performance Parts, RECARO, Cerullo Seats, TMI Products, Vintage Air, Baer Brakes, Wilwood, BeCool, AFCO, Tanks Inc, Holley / Hooker, Ultimate Headers, Rick's Tanks, Moser Engineering, Currie, TechAFX, Stainless Works, II Much Fabrication, and many more

I'll second the vote for Rocket Attacks. I like mine so far. See my post a few down for picture!!
      Jim..Car Junkie
      1969 Vette--Big pistons, No turbo....yet
      RX7 Turbo II--No pistons. Big turbo--now in my Daughter's garage
      68 RS Z/28, '12 Boss 302, 86 911, several RX7's, 3rd gen f-bodies, fox body, and many more..(gone)

I got mine at Summit.

Vision 143
      Wow $608 shipped is cheap for a set of staggered 18’s! Pretty nice looking wheel. Very similar to the U.S.Mags Rambler U111 and the Ridler 650 Grey. I wonder if they’re the same cast quality.
      https://www.ebay.com/itm/Staggered-V...IAAOSwHwVerHqM
      1968 Cougar - 408, FiTech, AOD, TCI, Currie, RideTech, Wilwood
      1968 Skylark - 462, TKO 600, RideTech, CPP
      1985 Mustang - 04 Cobra/Terminator Swapped
      1988 Mustang - Vortech V3, Boss 327, Magnum, MaximumMotorsports, StopTech

Tell me these don’t look like the same wheels. If the quality is equal. Vision 143’s would be even cheaper than your tires lol!
      https://us-mags.com/rambler-u111-w-6133.htm
      https://www.ridlerwheel.com/650-grey

The visions have a 2100 lbs load rating, that is about as high as I've seen on a cast wheel.
      I have 2 sets of these in 18 x 9.5, I've had two widened to 10.5" and two widened to 12.5" by Weld craft, they first check the wheels to see if they are of high enough quality to be widened, Weld Craft told me they passed with flying colors.

As for them being the same as the others that look like it? I would say probably the same base casting especially considering they all are available in the same sizes. The raw cast wheel gets machined so the base casting can be used to make other styles that are similar, but the more machining the thinner and lighter it gets but the load ratting goes down and price goes up.
      https://www.protouringf-body.com "doing what they say can't be done"

just started this shop monday!! its wednesday!! I have made it thru 3 days of business,, I'm a 1 man shop.... the little guy.. I am adding new wheels weekly

https://wheel-geek.com/

Name:  19466675_10213475360588864_5080378583064913513_o.jpg
Views: 2585
Size:  174.3 KB

The visions have a 2100 lbs load rating, that is about as high as I've seen on a cast wheel.
      I have 2 sets of these in 18 x 9.5, I've had two widened to 10.5" and two widened to 12.5" by Weld craft, they first check the wheels to see if they are of high enough quality to be widened, Weld Craft told me they passed with flying colors.

As for them being the same as the others that look like it? I would say probably the same base casting especially considering they all are available in the same sizes. The raw cast wheel gets machined so the base casting can be used to make other styles that are similar, but the more machining the thinner and lighter it gets but the load ratting goes down and price goes up.
      Sounds well worth it! Hmmmm

Just got in an 18x10 American racing V510 in roughly 6" Backspacing. Was excited to find something with those numbers that wasn't custom $$$$. I am running Howe GN 5x5 hubs.... Wellllll. Damn things take a max 19mm socket, and even with the hot ticket proper seat style moroso lug nuts, out of luck as 22mm socket is what those take. Can't believe they messed that up! UGGGG. Tempted to have a machine shop open them up a couple mm but the designer didn't leave much material in that area and was already concerned with the load rating... Really disappointed.. Tons of race stuff has been running 5/8 stud on 5x5 forever, can't believe how hard it is to find an affordable 18" wheel for them! Geeze. Thoughts on opening up the lug area 3mm more?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com