Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Aftermarket steering column under dash mount to keep orig look

What's up guys, so I've been searching the forum for information on what under dash steering column mounts have been used on aftermarket steering columns. I can't seem to find any info or pictures. Im looking for a mount that will let me use the original dash column covers. Anyone have any info, I'm looking at using Flaming River Steering Column Mount FR20114 but I don't see a way to mount the covers user there dash. Or do I just have to live without them because I'm using an aftermarket steering column with no provisions? Curios before I make the purchase.
      Attached Images Attached Images  
      67 Camaro

Country Flag: United States
      I did my buddies steering column and all I did was weld Square nuts like the factory did. He used Summit racing steering column. Now it utilizes the factory lower column mount and looks great.

Ahmad
      Ahmad B.

I believe this is what you are looking for:
      https://www.summitracing.com/parts/fla-fr20300

It’s a flaming river part: FR20300

Country Flag: United States
      That mount looks like it won't work with his 67 camaro.
      Attached Images Attached Images  
      Ahmad B.

Thanks Ahmad, I read the same review, its been in my cart for a while now but still doing research before buying. With all the delivery delays last thing I want is to have to send it back and waste my time. I had seen someone use the Flaming River mount I posted in my first post here at the beginning of this thread with the hoop going up into the dash channel and not hang down. Not sure if that is the way it is supposed to be installed but looked like it worked. I cannot find installation instructions anywhere online. Basically with the hole up and not down as shown in the picture. I just want to keep it looking like the factory even though the rest of my interior is custom.

67 Camaro