Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: Which Heads

Which Heads

Ok I know this question has been ask many times and I’m going to ask again. I have a 69 Camaro with a 350/700R4, Crane cam (like the old RV type), Holley Sniper, headers. I’m happy with its performance especially since I installed the Sniper but I want more power, my question is which aluminum head would work best? Would it be advisable to change out my cam to? I’d like to shoot for a 350+HP range.

I know there are many different manufacturers out there and any advice would be appreciated.

Country Flag: United States
      AFR makes some great heads with very efficient ports. For your displacement go with the smaller intake runner volume likes the 195cc Street Heads. Coupled with Lunati Voodoo 219/227 @ 0.050" Lift, .515/.530 lift (assuming you can use hydraulic rollers) should easily make your goal.
      Red Forman: "The Mustang's front end is problematic; get yourself a Firebird."

That sounds like a good combination. I’ve been trying to make sure of the correct runner size for the heads, in the past it seemed everybody wanted to run a 2.02 head but a mechanic friend of mine warned me about running to much air-flow without the right cam. I don’t want to run just any brand but a brand that will work correctly. Thanks for your advice.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com