Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Thread: Search Feature

Search Feature

How do I use the Search Feature to search certain keywords WITHIN a Subforum.

Here's an example...

I want to search for wheels. Specifically wheels for sale. SO.....I need to use the word "wheels" as my keyword, and I'd like to search WITHIN the "Parts for Sale" Subforum, so my results only turn up "wheels" inside that subforum.

Right now, even using "Advanced Search".....I'm not seeing a way to do that. So in turn, my search for "wheels" turns up every single post with that word. I've used forums like this since 2003, and all of those had the feature to search subforums....seems like a very basic forum search feature to me?

Country Flag: United States
      The easy way to do it is to go to the section you want to search inside of.

In the top right corner you will find a "Search Forum" button.

I hope that helps.
      Larry Callahan
      Founder/Administrator of Pro-Touring.com, G-Machines.com and HostMyJunk.com
      To advertise on Pro-Touring.com click here

Unfortunately, there is no "Search Forum" button anywhere on the screen. I'm viewing through a web browser. If I go inside a certain section, and search, it still yields results from the entire site.

Unfortunately, there is no "Search Forum" button anywhere on the screen. I'm viewing through a web browser. If I go inside a certain section, and search, it still yields results from the entire site.

edit.....nevermind i see it now....its not in the top right of the page, its in the top right of the forum area. thanks

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com