Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Southern polyurethanes aka SPI

I just wanted to praise a great company whose service and support has been hard to come by in this hobby and is not strictly related to pro touring.

I'm at a point of sealing my bodywork prior to painting but since I cannot get into a booth immediately, I wanted it sealed and protected for an unknown period of time. I did my research and found Epoxy to be the ideal material to do this. I then researched available epoxies and feel like SPI was recommended more frequently than others.

They're a little "old school" in operation whereby you need to call to order if there is no local distributor, however this turned out to be the best part of my transaction. Like all steps throughout bodywork, I studied EVERYTHING and most of the time; a little too much. Upon calling SPI I spoke with the owner Barry, who listened to what I wanted to do, and upon hearing what I expected to need, down-sold me on quantities, recommended exactly what to do, provided his personal cell and asked I call him again prior to paint and he would discuss multiple options on how to proceed.

As well as being able to talk to the owner they have their own forum on their site where customers new and old discuss the products frequently, which turned out to be the best source of information when researching.

Needless to say, the next day my box arrived (free overnight shipping!) and I couldn't be more confident in my next steps on the car.

For anyone going through the bodywork process, or finishing up the fabrication process, I couldn't recommend this company more.

I've been impressed with SPI as well.
      A day late and a dollar short!

Similar experience with SPI. They seem to be extremely knowledgeable and helpful. I used their paint for my current build and will plan to use them for future builds as well.

Five Star company

I’m working on my 15th build with SPI products. Never a problem. Great products and great support from Barry and the SPI forum.

Don

1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com