Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

advice on Fourth gen dash in a 68 firebird

Looking for any advice from someone who has done this swap.i have a 95 formula donor and a 68 firebird to install it in.any hints,tips and measurements would be greatly appreciated

No one here any input?

Two possibilities I can think of as to why you've gotten no response:
      1. Your thread title isn't in the form of a question, so people may not know you're needing help.
      2. Nobody here has attempted the swap, so they have no first-hand perspective to offer.

I edited the title.will see if that helps

Country Flag: United States
      I have seen fourth gen dashboards in a first gen and they look terrible...my advice is to use a fifth gen dash. They fit almost perfectly and look like they belong. There are several people on here that have done the fifth gen, myself included.

Thanks for the reply.while a fifth may indeed look better my intention is just an upgrade vs 68 styling and the fourth has a better price point for me.free.fitment is my primary concern

Country Flag: United States
      Seen one done that way, and it was sort of cool... 20+ years ago. Now as an mod it's totally dated.

Your car to do what you want, but like others I would advise against it from aesthetics standpoint. Not to mention most of them crack to hell. As a matter of fact, if yours is clean you'd be better off selling it to a 4th gen owner. They go for $300-400, and that's without gauges.

I owned a 4th Gen, which I really enjoyed back then. But even I wouldn't put that 90s-styling craptastic dash in my 1st Gen.
      Red Forman: "The Mustang's front end is problematic; get yourself a Firebird."

Ty for your input

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com