Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
      I know this thread seems to have lost momentum, but I've been contemplating the Terminator X vs MS3Pro Ultimate lately for a 400/5 speed combo...
      The 'universal' Term X kit should work if you add a 24x or 58x reluctor wheel for a crank position sensor.
      The cam sensor can be purchased through Luhn Performance in Wisconsin, or you can make one from an old distributor and a Hall Effect sensor(well, I'm hoping the Holley can use that setup), or Holley markets a dual sync dist. that can kill multiple birds for you...
      For me, I have an Offy 2x4 intake, a Holley LS 2x4 adapter lower, and will be sourcing a 105mm top, and a tapered 105mm throttle body (unless the math shows that a 92mm setup will work, because that's WAY cheaper on the wallet).
      I also have LS truck coils. I'm hoping I can emulate what the ECU wants for an LS, or that the Term X will be able to understand what I'm doing and run with it (no pun intended) because the MS3 can.

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by PonchoJohn View Post
      I know this thread seems to have lost momentum, but I've been contemplating the Terminator X vs MS3Pro Ultimate lately for a 400/5 speed combo...
      The 'universal' Term X kit should work if you add a 24x or 58x reluctor wheel for a crank position sensor.
      The cam sensor can be purchased through Luhn Performance in Wisconsin, or you can make one from an old distributor and a Hall Effect sensor(well, I'm hoping the Holley can use that setup), or Holley markets a dual sync dist. that can kill multiple birds for you...
      For me, I have an Offy 2x4 intake, a Holley LS 2x4 adapter lower, and will be sourcing a 105mm top, and a tapered 105mm throttle body (unless the math shows that a 92mm setup will work, because that's WAY cheaper on the wallet).
      I also have LS truck coils. I'm hoping I can emulate what the ECU wants for an LS, or that the Term X will be able to understand what I'm doing and run with it (no pun intended) because the MS3 can.

Any stock HEI can be locked out and used for a sensor. You would need to convert the module to a 7-pin which feeds the computer a signal and controls timing. Holley or Megasquirt can control a computer HEI module.

All of this can be done, just depends on how much adaptation you want to do. You don't need to run a 24 or 58 tooth wheel on the crank. You can do a crank trigger.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by F-Body International View Post
      Any stock HEI can be locked out and used for a sensor. You would need to convert the module to a 7-pin which feeds the computer a signal and controls timing. Holley or Megasquirt can control a computer HEI module.
      Large cap HEI won't work with a 2x4 intake, plus I want it as short as possible to clear the 2x4 Holley adapter, but that's nice info to know about doing a 7 pin module conversion.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      All of this can be done, just depends on how much adaptation you want to do. You don't need to run a 24 or 58 tooth wheel on the crank. You can do a crank trigger.

Andrew
      So the Term X can use a crank trigger? That's good to know. I was planning on making a simple crank trigger if I went MS3.

Can the Term X recognize an on/off cam sensor- imagine using the distributor with a 180* solid trigger wheel??

If so, the Term X sounds like a no-brainer to me- That's a LOT of stuff for $1,000!!

So the Term X can use a crank trigger? That's good to know. I was planning on making a simple crank trigger if I went MS3.

Can the Term X recognize an on/off cam sensor- imagine using the distributor with a 180* solid trigger wheel??

If so, the Term X sounds like a no-brainer to me- That's a LOT of stuff for $1,000!!
      I suggest that you download the installation manuals for the Terminator X systems, both the universal as well as the LS specific. You should also download the terminator X software and go through the various options in the System ICF of all the available ignition options. There is a ton of available information in those manuals and also in the "help" file that comes with the software. I also have a couple of videos that go over the terminator X software:

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      Dr. EFI

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      I suggest that you download the installation manuals for the Terminator X systems, both the universal as well as the LS specific. You should also download the terminator X software and go through the various options in the System ICF of all the available ignition options. There is a ton of available information in those manuals and also in the "help" file that comes with the software. I also have a couple of videos that go over the terminator X software:

Andrew
      Very cool- Thanks, I will do that!

Thanks for bringing this one back...alittle update I went with the northwind and will send it out for bungs....I wasn’t familiar with the crank trigger part also

This is a good thread, I'll be jumping into the X information for a 462 FE with an 8-stack TB system, build will be a common combo I do, 15 inches of vacuum, 550 HP/595 ft lbs with a 780 vac sec QFT carb, peaks at 5750, but the owner wants fancy

I have used a few different carb-style TBs and EEC-IV adaptation on my own car, but looking forward to digging into the X
      70 Mustang - 489 cid FE, KC ported Edelbrock heads, Modified Victor Intake, Mass-flo EFI, Erson valvetrain, Supercomps, TKO-600, 4.10 9 inch.
      71 F-100 4x4 SB 4x4, 461 cid FE stroker, Edelbrock Pro-flo 4 EFI
      13 Ram Laramie 2500 4x4 6.7 diesel - trailer puller

So am I!!! Another question I have which Throttle body would you guys use with the termi X?

Quote Originally Posted by yellow1098Greg View Post
      So am I!!! Another question I have which Throttle body would you guys use with the termi X?
      Holley makes very nice die cast TBs:

https://www.holley.com/products/fuel.../parts/112-588

They come in other colors as well.

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      Dr. EFI

Thank you! Those are great options !

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com