Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Opinions welcomed for paint on 69 camaro

I have my 69 camaro street car at he painter's shop now. I'm trying to decide on a color. Jeff Dupont's lemans blue 69 camaro really has my attention, but only at certain angles and in certain light. I'm thinking something close, but a little different. I'm also considering silver.

I dont want blacked out wheels or door handles etc... but think the silver needs some black paint somewhere, stripes, hood, wing etc...

I like the newer Nassau blue paint off the C5 vettes, not the Nassau blue from the 60's
      It's close to Jetstream blue, but without having to worry about ever having to match a 3 stage paint like the Jetstream blue.
      Also like Morraine blue from the range rover.Name:  Screenshot_2019-01-15-16-27-14.jpg
Views: 359
Size:  8.5 KB

I plan on enjoying the car every chance I get.

Would resale be easier with one over the other?
      I love black vehicles, but dont need a black car due to scratches, swirls etc....
      Attached Images Attached Images                  

The black camaro shows my wheels in a gray center. The other pic is of my wheels now, polished.

The silver camry looks good with the black roof. Only thing I could find in a 69 camaro that was the closest is Ring Brothers Valkrya which is green with black roof, but I kinda like it.

So basically I'm asking blue (Nassau or Morraine) with black racing stripes

Or

Silver with black roof, maybe the dz1 stripes on hood and a black wing.

If you are still considering a silver, check out Lexus Atomic Silver

I'm also tossing up between a silver or blue, and the list of options just continues to grow. And now I've just added Lexus Atomic Silver

You're being smart in looking at OEM colors, because as you stated, you plan on enjoying this car every chance you get. Since it will be driven so much, it'll be easy to match the color in case the worst happens.

I don't think that either of those two colors would be a turn off to any future buyer. You're not painting it some crazy off the wall color that would limit your buying audience.

I myself would lean towards blue, and I would just have the whole car painted that one color. With today's vinyl technology, you can change up the look of your car every year if you wanted. Nose stripes, SS stripes, white, silver, black, it's endless. People will think you keep getting a new car!

You also don't have to black out the trim or wheels. You can keep the trim all original and maybe do a gunmetal wheel with a polished lip or some other color. A really nice blue first gen that comes to mind is Steves, screen name TheJDMan. Here's a link to it:

https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...40#post1326040

Good luck with your decision!

I go back and forth between 67 Camaro Tuxedo Black and that Lexus Atomic Silver every day....good point about the stripe John, that's another variable that I am thinking about. That Blue is awesome too!

I really like the Toyota Blue Flame color that is on new RAV4s. In person it looks a lot like a Lemans Blue. But I have seen some photos where it looks more of baby blue....

If I were to repaint right now I would use pontiac impulse blue metallic

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com