Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

79 ElCo DSE suspension help

I have a 1979 El Camino that I just finished installing all DSE front suspension on. The whole front clip is off and I have no motor and transmission in it either. The bump stops on my upper control arms are resting on the frame, I know there is a significant amount of weight that is not on the front end. With that said, am I worrying over nothing with how the bump stops are resting on the frame? I know once I install the motor and tranny it will push it on down, along with all of the other front end stuff like fenders, hood, and everything.

Attached Images Attached Images    

Country Flag: United States
      I see you have 2nd gen spindles (maybe B-body) on there, unless the upper arms are shorter you will need a big stack of shims, PTFB now has a 12" B-body spindle with 8* KPI VS 10* (stock A-body was 7* +/-)and a shorter steering arm within 1/16" of the stock A-body.
      https://www.protouringf-body.com "doing what they say can't be done"

They’re G body spindles, I bought them new from CPP. I measured them and compared them to the spindles I took off and they were the same. I know a lot of what I bought from DSE is designed around the factory spindle.

ok my fault you are correct, I saw ElCamino didn't notice 79 which would make it a G-body, ;-)
      https://www.protouringf-body.com "doing what they say can't be done"

DSE 2" drop springs up front as well?

I had that setup early on in my 1985 G body and it sat pretty low once all back in place. I wouldn't worry too much about it right now.
      Lance
      1985 Monte Carlo SS Street Car

Yes sir, 2" drop springs up front....Cool man, I was thinking that too. I can tell its already sitting low, I know it'll be lower once I get the motor and all back in it. Can't wait to see how it'll be sitting once its back together.

Which lower arms are you running? DSE?
      Chris
      1968 Chevy Camaro SS
      LS3/T56 DSE suspension

Yes, DSE. All of my suspension up front is DSE. Upper and lowers, springs, sway bar, and chassis brace kit. I actually spoke to DSE about it and they said it is nothing to worry about, that the amount of weight that I still have to add to the front end is more than I think. So it will push it on down once I have motor and all installed.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com