Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Brake pedal not returning

My brakes worked fine when I put the car away for the winter. The car is a 1985 cutlass with c6 fronts and c5 rear. I changed the bushing in the pedal where it pivots. The old one was very sloppy and loose, soninhad one machined to tighten it up. This was the only change to the brake system. When I drive the fronts stick after using them, tight enough at one point to lock them up. I thought it was the booster not releasing, so I replaced that yesterday. No change. I noticed that i can pull up on the pedal and release the brakes. I also loosened the pivot bolt on the pedal housing with no change. Anyone have any ideas?

pushrod length. with the slop gone I bet you need to shorten your pushrod.
      Steve
      '68 Camaro - SBC, TKO600, 3.73 Moser 12-bolt, Speedtech, ATS-AFX, Hotchkis, Forgeline, Ron Davis and C5 brakes (Kore3), Holley Terminator TBI.
      Check it Out Here

Quote Originally Posted by eville View Post
      pushrod length. with the slop gone I bet you need to shorten your pushrod.
      Yep, good advise.

I will give it a try. One thing I forgot to mention is that when the brakes stick, I can pull the master and the pushrod and booster stay protruding. I can take the handle of my ratchet and have to push it back in place

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com