Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

2016 camaro power seat wiring help!

Hi, I picked up some 6th gen front seats for dirt cheap and I would like to put them in my 68 camaro. Both seats are power and heat/cool. Passenger seat I got everything but the heat/cool to work but drivers side is a challenge. The drivers seat has the power seat memory and I need to figure out how to bypass that. If anyone can point me in the right direction that would be awesome! Thanks!

Country Flag: United States
      If you just want the seat adjuster to work, all you need is power and ground to the main seat connector. Hook battery voltage to the RD-WH wire in pin 1 and RD-YE wire in pin 24. Ground to BK wire in pin 17. You should then be able to move the seat up, down, forward, and back plus tilt the seat back. What won't work is the seat memory, mirror memory, seat belt warning, seat position sensor, seat belt pretensioner, airbag control, heated or cooled seat. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by GMTech View Post
      If you just want the seat adjuster to work, all you need is power and ground to the main seat connector. Hook battery voltage to the RD-WH wire in pin 1 and RD-YE wire in pin 24. Ground to BK wire in pin 17. You should then be able to move the seat up, down, forward, and back plus tilt the seat back. What won't work is the seat memory, mirror memory, seat belt warning, seat position sensor, seat belt pretensioner, airbag control, heated or cooled seat. Hope this helps.
      Thank you so much! This weekend I will give it a shot. Is it possible to wire a switch to the factory heat and vent part of the seat? I was thinking about buying some switches online to hook it up if possible. If not I might just order different heated seat kit online. Thanks again for the help!

Check this out- might be of some help-

https://www.oemcarandtruckseats.com/...ass-heat-setup

Richard

Country Flag: United States
      Unfortunately the heated seat controls are part of the HVAC control head. Communication between the HVAC control head and the Memory seat module is on the vehicle data circuits which you will have no way of duplicating. So aftermarket it will have to be.

Looking for pinout for 2018 camaro 1le seats

I also got some 2018 seats 1le recaro now I need the pinot to get power and ground to the right pins any help would be appreciated thank you in advance.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com