Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Hello from Iowa!

I don’t know if it’s going to be more challenging for me to learn to post in a forum (what the heck is a tag?)or to build this car! I’ve owned a 1970 Chevelle SS396 car that I picked up about 18 years ago. I’ve dragged this thing all over the place and it has consumed a stall in 4 different garages in my lifetime. This car forced my wife’s car outdoors many years which is hard on a relationship come January 10th in Iowa!

It’s time to get this project going again! My intent for many years was to build this car back to its original form. Unfortunately I was too young and dumb when I bought it to recognize that someone had pulled off the body tag and replaced it with one from a Monte Carlo (you know who you are!) No body tag or build sheet equals no record of SS396 proof. None the less, this has eased my mind regarding the pro-touring route that I’d prefer to take with this car.

I started putting together my wish list of parts and have filled a folder full of pictures of cars that tripped my trigger. Holy cow, there’s so many BA rides and no cheap way around this! I seem to favor modifications and upgrades that pay tribute to the history of the car. I believe that this will be my theme.

I look forward to sharing my progress and tribulations. I suspect that I’ll spend the next 10 days immersed in this wealth of information as I stumble through the creation of a roadmap. I’d love to hear from you if you have any advice for me before I set sail.

Brad
      Attached Images Attached Images  

Country Flag: United States
      Welcome to the site, Brad!

Welcome aboard ,Just remember that this is a hobby and do it as time and money permit.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com