Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

[Video] Inside the cabin of @laidbackusa Blazer during an autocross run at Optima @op

(Click the image to play the video)

Inside the cabin of @laidbackusa Blazer during an autocross run at optima @optimabatteries @speedtech_performance @protouringdotcom #driveoptima #becausestreetcar #blazer #chevy #ls #lsswap #autocross #autox #wheelman @autocrosstrucks #protouring

Country Flag: United States
      That looked fun!
      1969 Camaro (Small Tyre Restomod/mild Protour) 245/40/18 F, 275/35/18 R, stock frame, full Ridetech suspension, LS engine, T56 Mag, Wilwood Brakes. A driver car.

I also made a video on the Laid-Back Blazer. Check out the build details!

Please Subscribe to the AutoXandTrack YouTube Channel

Autocross and track blog about running autocross and track events with pro touring cars

I want that steering ratio! Looks like he is less than half a turn on the steering wheel for most of the course. Any idea how many turns lock-to-lock he has? Or better yet how far the wheel turns for a given steering input?

I'm currently getting 10deg steering angle for half a turn of the steering wheel with a 14:1 ratio box on my Nova, 2-3/4 turn lock-to-lock.
      Clint - '70 Nova "restomod" cruiser & autocross family car

Quote Originally Posted by TheBandit View Post
      I want that steering ratio! Looks like he is less than half a turn on the steering wheel for most of the course. Any idea how many turns lock-to-lock he has? Or better yet how far the wheel turns for a given steering input?

I'm currently getting 10deg steering angle for half a turn of the steering wheel with a 14:1 ratio box on my Nova, 2-3/4 turn lock-to-lock.
      The speedtech extreme speed stuff comes with an expensive racing rack. It's 12.7:1.
      Please Subscribe to the AutoXandTrack YouTube Channel

Autocross and track blog about running autocross and track events with pro touring cars

Thanks for the info - much appreciated. I am not sure how the ratio is defined for a R&P, but I'll read up.
      Clint - '70 Nova "restomod" cruiser & autocross family car

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com