Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Quote Originally Posted by NOT A TA View Post
      5 grand was a great buy by the looks of it! Have fun with your son!
      Thanks,

love the look of those early firebirds. I was actually looking for one at first but couldn't find one in my price range that wasn't rusted out. Her is a picture of my Y-88 with the Butler Kit/200R4

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by tonyuh60 View Post

Ray,

Do they still have the cars and coffee in Leander down there? I used to take my trans am and grand national there. Always a big turnout. I was stationed at Fort Hood for 8 years. I enjoyed living in hill country, wife, not so much. my son turned wrenches on that car when he was a toddler. We are building this car to his specs. I'm just the financier. lol
      Hey Tony,

I’ve lived in Austin for the last 4 years. It’s a nice area but real expensive and the traffic sucks! There aren’t many bridges across the Colorado River that runs through the middle of town so traffic is funneled to them creating all kinds of ridiculous bottlenecks! I haven’t heard of a Cars and Coffee in Leander. There was one for the first 3 years we lived here at the Oasis Restaurant on Lake Travis. They have recently moved it to the Circuit of America’s race track parking lot.

I’ve always loved the Javelin projects. One of my college buddies owns George Follmer’s 1968 Javelin Trans Am race car. Love the body style.

Really looking forward to your updates! Take care.
      Ray
      FEW FRILLS, just BIG CHILLS!!!
      1972 VW Bug (427LS/T56 Magnum/9"-3.70 gears)
      18"x10-1/2" (315/30/18) Front, 18”x12" (335/30/18”) Rear
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...-Lady-Bug-quot

Things have been moving rather slow with not being able to get parts shipped or factories working with partial staff because of the virus, So I've been trying to stay busy. Cleaned up the door tracks and put in custom window bushings, media blasted 1/2 the trim so far and powder coated everything, cleaned up the seat tracks and pedals, and rebuilt a steering column from a Monte SS. I wanted the dimmer and wiper switch on the column. I'm blacking out all the trim so it is a tedious process. My 9" rear from Strange finally came in so now I can start the independent front and rear suspension in a few days.

The box I was waiting for finally arrived. Now I have the complete suspension to get started.

Started putting together the CF front and rear suspension. Doing a mockup on everything then will take it back off to put on the rotisserie. One thing learned, with the CF IFS and an LS motor, the crank sits much higher, so in order for the TKO 600 to work, I would have had to cut the entire tunnel and raise it 3". I did not like that idea. A friend turned me on to a 4L60E because of the same issue. I found a core to use as a mock up. End state, the tunnel will have to be cut about 24" to raise up 3/4" in order to get the pinion angle below 2 degrees. I know the 4l60 is not the preferred choice, but I am not racing, building more of a cruiser. Here are a few pics of putting in the suspension.

Tunnel fixed for. The 4l60 and the rear is in. Almost ready for paint.

Great project, thanks for the updates. Nice quality time together for sure.

You have any updates to your car?

Working on the car has been slow. Between COVID and a job change, had to reprioritize projects. I was able to get the car media blasted. Working on getting mounts fabricated to get it in the rotisserie to complete the inside and underneath. The firewall was welded up along with the emblem holes and 100 screw holes the previous owner put I in the engine compartment. The metal looks pretty solid and starting to work on the body and get it in primer. I will be putting lizard skin. Ceramic coating underneath when able. Here are a few pics of the car post media blast.

While the car is still completing the body work. been working on other items. I love the Javelin dash and gauges. However, the cost to restore the originals vs making a new gauge pod and ordering custom speedhut gauges became a no brainer. The area I'm working in was about a 1/2" too small to run a double din radio, so stuck with the retrosound. Will add in a BT amp when I get to that point. also have the vents from Vintage air so the holes could be cut out for install. still have to cut a hole out for that but here is the fabrication so far. I will be powdercoating the metal and Hydrodipping all of the interior metal pieces with a carbon fiber look.

Nice work on this car! I really like the custom gauge cluster too.

1955 Nomad project LC9, 4L80e, C5 brakes, Vision wheels
      1968 Camaro 6.2 w/ LSA, TR6060-Magnum hybrid and etc SOLD
      1976 T/A LS1 6 Speed, and etc. SOLD

Body work almost complete. finally got a rotisserie to mount the car to. hope to have the underside/interior completed in the next few weeks.

Took a little break on the car. Between supply chain issues and helping my son restore his 67 mustang, not much time left for the javelin.my LS3 from Blueprint engines came in and measured the tires. Able to fit 335/30/20 Rears and 255/40 /18 Fronts.

It's a shame AMC went under, they always had some nice designs. It would have been interesting to see what they would have come up with through the years.
      2021 Durango R/T
      2005 Dakota beater
      2003 Dakota project-o-mobile

Wheels finally arrived. More metalwork completed, eliminated all the marker lights and badges

Nice wheel choice! Looking good.

Any more progress on this car? I really like this body style and love what you are doing with this one!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com