Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

How do you secure your Laptop during data logging?

Hi Everyone. I am curious what has worked for you to keep the laptop from flying around the car and being dangerous or getting damaged when you are data logging?

How did you secure it? What has worked for you?

If you have any pictures post them up please.

Cheers, Steve
      1969 Camaro (Small Tyre Restomod/mild Protour) 245/40/18 F, 275/35/18 R, stock frame, full Ridetech suspension, LS engine, T56 Mag, Wilwood Brakes. A driver car.

https://www.thirdgen.org/forums/diy-...i-whipped.html

I built a little platform to sit on the seat out of MDF and then covered with some vinyl looking wrap. Since the time I posted that, I put some anti-slip material on top which keeps the laptop planted in place even during spirited driving.
      1971 Camaro
      GM HT383, MiniRam EFI, AFR heads
      "8-speed" trans (700R4 + Gear Vendors OD)

Thanks ULTM8Z I appreciate the link and info! That looks like it might work. I could not see in the photos how you attached it to the seat? Did you use the belts to hold the MDF (medium density foam?) to the seat?

My fear is that I will definitely be doing some tuning at a road race course and "spirited" driving will be the norm. Whatever I use needs to be pretty stable.
      1969 Camaro (Small Tyre Restomod/mild Protour) 245/40/18 F, 275/35/18 R, stock frame, full Ridetech suspension, LS engine, T56 Mag, Wilwood Brakes. A driver car.

The bottom of the box fits the contour of the seat.

I've never really braked hard enough while driving with it to see if it stays there at worst case.
      ..lol

But full throttle off the line, hard cornering... the side bolsters keep the box in place and the anti slip material keeps the laptop in place really well.

But you could easily add some straps that go around the seat back ties it to the seat I suppose.

For the laptop itself, you could put some strips of wood on the top in the shape of a rectangle to generate a pocket for the laptop to sit in.

MDF = medium density fiberboard (fake wood).
      1971 Camaro
      GM HT383, MiniRam EFI, AFR heads
      "8-speed" trans (700R4 + Gear Vendors OD)

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com