Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Threaded View

Country Flag: United States

69 Mustang SuperCoupe

I've been on these forums for a long time and have never made a build thread for my car, mostly because of the slow progress. Well I decided to create one to somewhat document the progress such that it is.

Some background. This car is the 3rd (of 16)(2nd 69) mustang I've owned. I bought it in December 1983 when stationed at Blytheville AFB Arkansas. It changed hands a couple of times before I got it but had come from Texas with a young airman. It actually got the 351C engine from my 72 Gran Torino sport at one time. It had a 351W 3 spd in it by the time I got it. I drove it for a while even moving it when I transfered to Grissom AFB Indiana. Sometime around late 84/early 85 I traded my frozen 429 SCJ motor I had for the 72 Gran Torino Sport for a 70 351C with completed machine work and ready to build. I built the cleveland and swapped out the windsor replacing the 3 spd and 8 inch rear with a close ratio 4 spd and 9 inch with 3.00-1 gears from a 70 cougar at the same time about March 85. I drove it pretty regularly till mid October 86 when I decided to rebuild the car. It's been in various states of dis-assembly ever since.

This past fall I contacted Ben on these forums and contracted him to do a rendering for my car as inspiration and to help motivate me to do more. I'm not getting any younger! This represents my vision for at least the exterior of my car.

Condition when bought.

Name:  cars004.jpg
Views: 2045
Size:  169.0 KB

Name:  cars001.jpg
Views: 2103
Size:  187.9 KB

In Indiana after engine rebuild

Name:  cars002.jpg
Views: 2041
Size:  144.6 KB

At parents place spring 85

Name:  1969COUPE.JPG
Views: 2190
Size:  33.9 KB

Name:  Latest69.jpg
Views: 2190
Size:  155.5 KB

Marti report

I modeled the framing and interior layout in SolidWorks several years ago as I was redeveloping my plans for the car. Not 100% accurate but useful nonetheless.

The rear frame rails from S&W Racecars tacked up

Framing in process

Rear bumper mounts

New taillight panel & filler mod

Right quarter panel cut out, new outer wheelhouse welded in. Old one trimmed 2 inches otbd of flange & new one mated to it with flange trimmed off.

Fabbing right quarter scoop & ducting.

Roger

69 Mustang coupe, under construction
      2011 Mustang - DD
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...ang-SuperCoupe

Freedom Of Speed!

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com