Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Country Flag: United States
      Definitely concerned. Hoping it balances out having removed a lot of metal towards the back and replacing metal up front with fiberglass parts. Unfortunately, I didn't have the chance to weigh it before taking apart so I'm only guessing. I figure once its back together we'll see and maybe make some adjustments.

Roger

69 Mustang coupe, under construction
      2011 Mustang - DD
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...ang-SuperCoupe

Freedom Of Speed!

Final shape achieved & primed. I'll wet sand the entire thing next with 320 grit and re-prime. Once I get everything smooth I'll spray with some KBS rust seal and SEP. Hopefully that will add a layer of chip protection to the fiberglass.

Quick fit-up with brackets. Fenders are just sitting in place.

Roger

2011 Mustang - DD

Freedom Of Speed!

Neato build. Love the Cleveland. I think you'll be happy with the cam from Howards. I've got one in my 393 and love it. Also love the fact that when you call, they pick up right away. Great support.
      chunger

'68 Ranchero 500
      '70 Cougar XR-7 Convertible
      '98 Mustang GT Convertible

Wet sanded with 320 grit & re-primed with some black spray bomb primer. Will probably wet sand most of it off. Test fit the lights & brake ducts. Side markers are smoked LED Audi A4 pieces.
      Name:  IMG_1036.jpg
Views: 907
Size:  197.6 KBName:  IMG_1037.jpg
Views: 908
Size:  242.7 KB
      Roger

2011 Mustang - DD

Freedom Of Speed!

You might consider using the 2 part spay cans of primer to save you some work. I know they're pricey but if you line up several items and shoot at one time, it's easier on you in the long run. I think that front is going to look real good.

Thanks wfo_guy.
      The primer was some spray bomb I didn't like and figured since I'm going to sand most of it off anyhow I used it up. Since the spray bomb primer is not quick drying and I knew I wouldn't be able to get to wet sanding again for a while either thus giving it plenty of time to cure. I do have quarts of primer to use in one of the spray guns I have but wanted to use this stuff up anyhow. Hopefully, this filled most of the coarse sanding scratches. You can tell I hit it more heavily in some areas. I will definately be breaking out the spray gun for the next round of primer.
      Roger

2011 Mustang - DD

Freedom Of Speed!

Country Flag: Canada
      Thanks for checking out my build. Yours looks great so far, I'm digging the glass work. Definitely subscribed.

T

Well, finally back to wet sanding again then primed.
      Name:  IMG_1221.jpg
Views: 717
Size:  578.2 KB
      Name:  IMG_1223.jpg
Views: 719
Size:  624.3 KB
      Roger

2011 Mustang - DD

Freedom Of Speed!

Quote Originally Posted by 69stang View Post
      I've been on these forums for a long time and have never made a build thread for my car, mostly because of the slow progress. Well I decided to create one to somewhat document the progress such that it is.

Some background. This car is the 3rd (of 16)(2nd 69) mustang I've owned. I bought it in December 1983 when stationed at Blytheville AFB Arkansas. It changed hands a couple of times before I got it but had come from Texas with a young airman. It actually got the 351C engine from my 72 Gran Torino sport at one time. It had a 351W 3 spd in it by the time I got it. I drove it for a while even moving it when I transfered to Grissom AFB Indiana. Sometime around late 84/early 85 I traded my frozen 429 SCJ motor I had for the 72 Gran Torino Sport for a 70 351C with completed machine work and ready to build. I built the cleveland and swapped out the windsor replacing the 3 spd and 8 inch rear with a close ratio 4 spd and 9 inch with 3.00-1 gears from a 70 cougar at the same time about March 85. I drove it pretty regularly till mid October 86 when I decided to rebuild the car. It's been in various states of dis-assembly ever since.

This past fall I contacted Ben on these forums and contracted him to do a rendering for my car as inspiration and to help motivate me to do more. I'm not getting any younger! This represents my vision for at least the exterior of my car.

Marti report

Love the Rendering!

Quote Originally Posted by 69stang View Post
      Well, finally back to wet sanding again then primed.
      Name:  IMG_1221.jpg
Views: 717
Size:  578.2 KB
      Name:  IMG_1223.jpg
Views: 719
Size:  624.3 KB
      Holy Hell I want this!!! lol Im also building a 69 mustang and i love all the stuff your doing. Looks great, Any Updates? Looks like its been awhile

Back last spring I had surgery and then starting in June last year I had our kitchen completely gutted & remodeled. Had plumbing issues under the slab. Due to multiple issues, supply chain, ****ty contractor and other issues, didn't have a functional kitchen again till into November. That put my car on the back burner. I've been working on some things since spring but there hasn't been a lot of progress so far this year. I am trying to get some things accomplished.

Fabbed new accel pedal, wasn't an easy way to clean & rebuild original without cutting it up.

Also working on a pod for a clock for the right dash panel. Decided to make it symmetrical to better match LH gauge panel.
      Roger

2011 Mustang - DD

Freedom Of Speed!

Glad to see some updates, always good to see cars havent been forgotten to long. Keep up the great work

Some updates

Finished the RH dash panel
      Name:  IMG_1499.jpg
Views: 301
Size:  216.0 KB

Had the headlight bowls bead blasted. Trimmed and refinished for new headlights. I need to take pictures of the finished bowls.
      Name:  IMG_1503.jpg
Views: 302
Size:  568.8 KB

Found my throttle cable bracket won't work with my carb so started developing a new one, no pics yet. Cleaned & refinished some of the grill trim. Also, in the process of fitting the RH quarter on the car.
      Roger

2011 Mustang - DD

Freedom Of Speed!

Interesting take on the RH dash panel. What does the button do?
      chunger

'68 Ranchero 500

looks great per usual

The button is to adjust the clock. My understanding is the button completes the ground bypassing the internal circuit that keeps time and advances the hands?? We'll see.
      Roger

2011 Mustang - DD

Freedom Of Speed!

Updating
      Modified my cowl panel. Cut away the grill bars, welded 1/8 rod around the perimeter of the opening, tack welded 1/4-20 studs to the bottom side, stripped, skim coated, primed, sanded, primed. It'll get SS or aluminum screening.

Name:  IMG_1558.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  697.4 KBName:  IMG_1559.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  728.6 KBName:  IMG_1575.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  684.2 KB

Tacked rh quarter in place. Bumped out 2"

Name:  IMG_1584.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  483.3 KBName:  IMG_1585.jpg
Views: 139
Size:  485.8 KB

Pulled the heads and had them reworked with new valves, springs, seats & seals. Had them set up for roller rockers. Also picked up an Offenhauser dual plane intake, had some recommended machining done then cleaned. I painted the heads & intake with Eastwoods ceramic engine paint.

Name:  IMG_1579.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  463.1 KBName:  IMG_1581.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  546.9 KB

Pulled the block out of the car and finished disassembling. There was some surface rust in #2 & #4 cylinders. Number 6 piston has a broken ring groove wall between 2nd ring and oil ring. I don't know what happened to it, there was no rust in the cylinder and the piston slid out fine. I had forgotten my pistons had been knurled so I'm thinking I might be looking at minimal boring with the needed cylinder cleanup.

Name:  IMG_1577.jpg
Size:  422.7 KBName:  IMG_1578.jpg
Size:  535.9 KB
      Roger

2011 Mustang - DD

Freedom Of Speed!

Glad to see this projects still alive! Keep it up!
      chunger

'68 Ranchero 500

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com