Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

1967 Pontiac Firebird Purchase

Well I did a thing that pulls me out of my comfort zone. I am a Ford guy over the years but I added a 1969 C10 a couple years ago... Now I have picked up a 67 Firebird to round off my little collection of cars. Goal for the "Bird" is a good driver. Sticking with the 400 engine and trans. Have already purchased Wilwood disc and tubular control arms along with coilovers for the front. Picked up Hotchkis kit for the rear. Hopefully two inches in the front and about 1.5 in the rear for a balance drop. sticking with 15 Rally IIs for now. Just need to figure out correct tire size to give it the right stance. Hope to finish up my C10 LS swap soon... then on to the bird....

Name:  400 engine.png
Views: 354
Size:  1.13 MBName:  IMG_8553.jpg
Views: 356
Size:  115.3 KBName:  IMG_8555.jpg
Views: 364
Size:  92.9 KBName:  IMG_8557.jpg
Views: 356
Size:  92.9 KBName:  IMG_8559.jpg
Views: 358
Size:  99.6 KBName:  IMG_8568.jpg
Views: 362
Size:  88.3 KB

Good for you, I love the early Firebirds.
      Cars are meant to be driven.

John B

Welcome Awesome, I have a 67 bird as well. Looking forward to following along

Get the book "How to build a performance Pontiac" by Jim Hand/Rocky Rotella! There are some great 400 engine combinations in there... a .030 over 406 with some #13 iron heads, 224/230 cam with a TH350/400 and a Hughes 2500 converter can be a ton of fun on the street! Especially in a small first gen! You'll want 3.42 rear gears with an Auburn or Eaton posi too.
      SMSgt Ty Ingle, USAF
      "CF71" - Freedom Bird
      Hoodpins.com, Inland Empire Driveline, Billet Accessories Direct, Modo Innovations, AutoRad Radiators, Morris Classic Concepts, Marquez Design, Anvil Auto, Fesler Billet, US Collision (DOOM), AGR Performance, Pro-touringF-body.com, Phoenix Transmission Products, Shiftworks, ACC Carpet, Hedman Hedders, BMR Fabrication, American Autowire, MityMounts, TIN INDIAN Performance, Kauffman Racing Equipment, Pypes, RobbMc Performance, WMC, Holley, NOS, PST

I've got a friend that buys sells and dismantles birds mostly and some Camaro. Let me know if you need bird parts I'll put you in touch with him
      Jason
      TANKMASTERJ
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...touring-Camaro
      Jasons Toys
      67 Camaro White Lightning LMR LS7 powered, Speed tech Front and Rear.
      2023 Rapid Blue ZL1 the Blue Devil
      2000 HD Softail
      1989 CBR Hurricane anniversary edition

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com