Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: My Hobby Shop

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Twentyover View Post
      Curious about the utility of an offsite shop. how often do you end up there? How late do you stay? How often do you work late and crash there rather than going home? I assume it's in an industrial park?

Don't mean to be (too) intrusive, but I've wondered about shops like this and how oone might work for me, vs building a separate outbuilding. Of course, many are landlocked or ordinance prevented

I’m retired now so I go there 3-5 days a week. It’s nice because I don’t “have to” go. I usually get there around 10-11 on the days I do go. I could stay as late as I wanted but usually head home after the afternoon commute dies down.

I have hosted card games with buddies but most of them are still working and don’t like to come out and play on “school nights”. There would be no reason to spend the night as home is just 10 miles/15 minutes away. Plus it has no heat. Half of the loft space is my daughters storage area while her, her husband and son are in France for two years so it looks more “storage cave” than man cave at the moment.

It is in a small industrial park. There are 28 units but some have been combined into larger units so there are only 15 owners. I’m the only non-business in the park and I just got on the board.
      Worlds Fastest LFX powered 1966 Chevelle, with a 3.6L/217 CI, 4 cam direct injected V6, 6 speed auto, full Hotchkis suspension, 4 wheel Wilwood discs, white w/red interior, cowl hood. 3260 lbs w/full tank. Built for 35 mpg. So far 32.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com