Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: Australia

Holley Super Sniper 650

Hi all,
      I have been reading up on the Holly Super Sniper and was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this kit on a 427 Windsor powered Mustang pushing around 500hp.
      Also looking at mating it with the Hyperspark ignition.
      Any info would be appreciated
      Thanks
      Craig.

I can’t help you specifically on your set up, but I did just install a Sniper on my big block chevy. The install was straight forward, and the car fired right up. The one thing I did do was install a progressive linkage. The Snipers are set up as full time 4 barrels, which makes the pedal a little extra stiff, and the throttle a little too sensitive. The new linkage now opens up the secondaries at approx 40%. It just tames it down a bit. I bought the linkage at efisystempro.com it was about $14 shipped.

Also, Holley even states this, but you should get the efi up and running first. Then once its running good, then hook up your ignition.

Quote Originally Posted by 65 drop top View Post
      I can’t help you specifically on your set up, but I did just install a Sniper on my big block chevy. The install was straight forward, and the car fired right up. The one thing I did do was install a progressive linkage. The Snipers are set up as full time 4 barrels, which makes the pedal a little extra stiff, and the throttle a little too sensitive. The new linkage now opens up the secondaries at approx 40%. It just tames it down a bit. I bought the linkage at efisystempro.com it was about $14 shipped.

Also, Holley even states this, but you should get the efi up and running first. Then once its running good, then hook up your ignition.

Thanks for that. I will look into a progressive linkage.

Quote Originally Posted by craigF View Post
      Thanks for that. I will look into a progressive linkage.
      You’re welcome. I must say that the car now feels a little less powerful off the line with the progressive linkage, but still has plenty. I’m hoping that translates into better gas mileage.

I run a super sniper 650 on my mild Pontiac 400....it 100% has a stiffer throttle but I’ve gotten used to it...I did buy the progressive linkage piece just haven’t installed yet.....I am building a way more powerful 461 stroker and was looking at a maybe a terminator x MPFI setup...but the intake with fuel rail bungs has been alittle issue.....either way the sniper is light years better than a carb...enjoy

Quote Originally Posted by yellow1098Greg View Post
      I run a super sniper 650 on my mild Pontiac 400....it 100% has a stiffer throttle but I’ve gotten used to it...I did buy the progressive linkage piece just haven’t installed yet.....I am building a way more powerful 461 stroker and was looking at a maybe a terminator x MPFI setup...but the intake with fuel rail bungs has been alittle issue.....either way the sniper is light years better than a carb...enjoy
      Thanks heaps for the insight.
      I think I am going to fire the engine in the first instance using the Quickfuel carb I have and iron out any kinks in the build then swap it to the Super Sniper. This way I can be sure that if there are any gremlins they should be easier to track down.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com