Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
      Wow! Congratulations Larry! You built more than a website. You built an extended family. No small accomplishment. Thank you. And, thanks to the Pro-Touring family. Much love from me and LilBit.

Jim

Country Flag: United States
      I think I'm number 342 joined in 2000 or? somewhere in that time frame, tons of great people on this site, watched it changed formats many times,

Helped build Larrys car when it was in town and I wasn't busy, I'm pretty sure we had a launch that week,

my only question nowadays, how the hell do you get rid of the damn adds!!!!
      Steve68- 1968 Camaro SS LSX T56, 12bolt 3:90's, 18" Fikse Profil 13s, Deep Fathom Green paint, Spearcos, just bunch of old junk because another member said so, LOL

70 Nova SS street/drag 454, T400, 3:55, ugly!

Quote Originally Posted by Steve68 View Post
      I think I'm number 342 joined in 2000 or? somewhere in that time frame, tons of great people on this site, watched it changed formats many times,

Helped build Larrys car when it was in town and I wasn't busy, I'm pretty sure we had a launch that week,

my only question nowadays, how the hell do you get rid of the damn adds!!!!
      Ads are a necessary evil to offset the costs of maintaining the forum.
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

I bought a 240Z new in 1973 and went to Lime Rock doing time trials for several years. Was immediately hooked on improving handling, braking, etc. Here we are in 2021 still enjoying the same goals and this site! Thanks Larry and everyone!
      69 Camaro convertible, 410, M22, 8-pt cage therapy program. SOLD.
      68 camaro - SOLD
      67 Bel Air - New street project with perfect floors, frame and trunk!

Big Red was the car that drew me into the muscle car that could handle category and Mark Stietlow's cars and other's down the line kept me there. In High school the Pro Street scene had my full attention and my goal was to have either a 69 Camaro or 70 Chevelle with a blown big block skinny front tires and fat Mickeys out back. As the Pro Touring/restomod trend kept growing the idea of having a fast old car that could actually stop and turn like a modern car and was still fast really intrigued me and my Pro Street interest subsided.

My Pro Touring thing started back around 1982 with a 67 Camaro, lower profile tires, upgraded shocks and sway bar. Didn't know anything about Pro Touring back then but knew I wanted better handling and wanted to get away from the pro street thing I had been doing. Wish I still had that car

my67454 by F G, on Flickr

The Thrasher Camaro brought me here almost 20 years ago. I joined in november 2001. Because of this site, I've met great people and learned so much about cars and how our culture affects us all. I've watched in shock as legends came to our board and became regular posters. I've seen us pull together to fund builds for heroes that fought for us. I've seen miracles come together, one after the other and us all support each other in our own ways. What a great privilege it's been.
      Tony Langlois
      1966 Corvair Monza

I have to say that I found this forum at the right time before I had even started on my build and learned so much about the products and methods to make an old car more enjoyable in everyway, including reliability, drivability, style, performance, and yet preserve the best parts of the original designer's vision of the car. Thanks Larry and to all who have and continue to participate in the forum as I still think it is the best place to share project updates with continuity and discuss them with a group that has the same mindset and intent of the build outside of just posting photos on social media. I hope it can continue on for many more years to come to inspire more young people to take on a project of their own just like I was over 5 years ago so we can keep these cars on the road and have fun driving them!

Name:  IMG-1868.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  69.0 KB
      Chris Johnson

'66 Chevelle Malibu

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      Ads are a necessary evil to offset the costs of maintaining the forum.
      Ads on this site are actually not bad. Other sites have so many pop ups that I get thrown off.
      Thanks for the first 20 years although I’ve only been around for 10, and looking forward to the next 20.
      Worlds Fastest LFX powered 1966 Chevelle, with a 3.6L/217 CI, 4 cam direct injected V6, 6 speed auto, full Hotchkis suspension, 4 wheel Wilwood discs, white w/red interior, cowl hood. 3260 lbs w/full tank.

Joined 16 years ago when the nut-and-bolt concours restorations were still a big thing. At the time I found the site to be full of like-minded rebel enthusiasts who scoffed at limiting ourselves to 1960s engineering. There was no local scene for these sort of cars.
      16 years later we’re totally mainstream... a lot of the “that’s-not-correct-for-that-year” guys have aged out of the hobby and now people are just happy to see an old muscle car in person. On a site like this, you might think everyone has a 69 Camaro with an LS and a T56, but in real life I’ve had twenty-something kids say they’ve never seen a real Mach 1 before, which to me just sounds nuts but I’m sure it’s true.
      I got my car in 1987, way before this site or the internet, and I still have it. It’s had 2 complete makeovers in those 30 years. Probably get another one before the next 30 are over. I hope the site is still here when it does so I can remain exposed to what other guys are doing out there and what’s possible.

Thanks to the owner and moderators and sponsors for the 20 years!

Thank you Larry and to everyone that makes this great site what it is!

For me, this site finally scratched the itch that I had for the muscle cars that I loved since the 80's. I have always been drawn to the vintage Trans Am cars and watching them race. The Pro Touring movement finally blended the muscle cars and the sports cars into one kick ass package. I have been to a lot of racing events (dirt track, drag racing, off road, road course, etc) but the best ones were the optima events. Those events made me feel like I belonged there and everybody just liked the variety of cars attending. I hope this site continues for another 20 years, as it continues to showcase and inspire enthusiasts on all levels.

My pro touring inspiration started in 1988 with a black and white picture of the "1969 TEAM AMX" in the AMC Muscle book and my desire to build my car to look like that car did.
      Name:  Daytona2.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  365.5 KB

I joined just a few years ago and only wish I'd found it 20. Like everyone here that already started building a car PTF did several things flee me but 3 things in particular.
      One
      Create scope creep and increase cost due to my eyes are bigger than my wallet.

Two help me save money on the things I really want for my car. Because there's always a guy not finishing what be started for various reasons.
      Three
      Teach me too be patient and scan the forum fo others experience and expertise because there sure is a lot of knowledge here
      Into worry about going forward not enough young people getting in and government clamping down on hot rodders.
      However
      Larry the forum totally Rocks.
      Jason
      TANKMASTERJ
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...touring-Camaro
      Jasons Toys
      67 Camaro White Lightning LMR LS7 powered, Speed tech Front and Rear.
      2023 Rapid Blue ZL1 the Blue Devil
      2000 HD Softail
      1989 CBR Hurricane anniversary edition

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com