Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hood louvers

Country Flag: United States
    Wow! Nicely done.
    Shannon

Modo Innovations
    940-391-9002

Quote Originally Posted by frankv11 View Post
    Just finished this commissioned hood for Brad @1969camarobuild , maybe running a few of the side louvers , Attachment 176320Attachment 176321Attachment 176322Attachment 176323Attachment 176324
    Wow! Those are excellent!

All I can say is wow and I wish I could Tig!
    TANKMASTERJ

Thank you modo inovations . jason Tankmaster you got this , ho for it . sometimes Iím ok , and some not so much but I think I have more perseverance than talent .

cam1968327

I'm a good stick and might guy but never tried Tig. It's on my bucket list

TANKMASTERJ

Stick and mig I meant lol
    TANKMASTERJ

Hi Frank..... love these hood vents! Do you make a set that can be installed on a "painted" hood? I see you have some pictured with button head fasteners.... I'd be interested in a set with hidden studs. Let me know... Dave
    Used to be known as classiccamaro

Quote Originally Posted by DKz Garage View Post
    Hi Frank..... love these hood vents! Do you make a set that can be installed on a "painted" hood? I see you have some pictured with button head fasteners.... I'd be interested in a set with hidden studs. Let me know... Dave
    Hi Dave , I believe the Ones you are referring to belong to a client . He made it with hardware mine all come for weld in , some people have bonded ( surface mount ) especially guys running Csrbon fiber hoods

Dave,. The ones your referring to frank sold to me and I wanted an industrial look so we layed out and drilled 48 holes for button head stainless steel Allen bolts.
    A guy could do 24 or whatever but it was what I wanted. My car has forgeline ZX3R wheels so that will match nicely. Wheels are black barrels and brushed titanium centers so I figure I'll paint Frank's vents with a stainless steel type paint to get the brushed titanium look on them or may. Even just clear coat them for the look I'm after. I'm also running ride tech stainless cage with similar coating. So I'm theme throughout the car black /white ad stainless / carbon fiber.
    You could easily drill and bolt or Tig your bolts for studs as you said. I'm super pleased with how my turned out and more so with Frank's work
    Good luck
    And didn't mean to hijack your thread frank!
    TANKMASTERJ

Quote Originally Posted by TANKMASTERJ View Post
    Dave,. The ones your referring to frank sold to me and I wanted an industrial look so we layed out and drilled 48 holes for button head stainless steel Allen bolts.
    A guy could do 24 or whatever but it was what I wanted. My car has forgeline ZX3R wheels so that will match nicely. Wheels are black barrels and brushed titanium centers so I figure I'll paint Frank's vents with a stainless steel type paint to get the brushed titanium look on them or may. Even just clear coat them for the look I'm after. I'm also running ride tech stainless cage with similar coating. So I'm theme throughout the car black /white ad stainless / carbon fiber.
    You could easily drill and bolt or Tig your bolts for studs as you said. I'm super pleased with how my turned out and more so with Frank's work
    Good luck

Thank you for the input...... I may just follow your lead on this.
    Used to be known as classiccamaro

Thank you for the info Jason

Quote Originally Posted by frankv11 View Post
    Hood louvers louvers for 1967 1968 1969 camaros but will fit many makes and models . Clients have used in novas , Chevelles, mopar , etc..

Attachment 173660Attachment 173661Attachment 173662Attachment 173663Attachment 173664Attachment 173665Attachment 173666
    I will be offering these in two styles both will have 9 degrees slant to match hood to header panel line. 20 gauge body , 16 gauge parallel rails for extra strength and an overall body curvature length wise to match hood Contour .
    1st style ( radii version )will have a radii / curvature on each individual louver . 2nd style (slick ) will have flat surface at each louver
    REMEMBER THESE ARE UNIVERSAL . So they fit many other makes and models. $650/ pair fully tig welded and shipped anywhere in the USA
    These are awesome !!! Love the ones in the side of the scoop

Any pictures of that setup?

Quote Originally Posted by TANKMASTERJ View Post
    Good luck

Here ya goName:  tapatalk_1589855752093.jpeg
Views: 108
Size:  37.4 KBName:  tapatalk_1589855745848.jpeg
Views: 117
Size:  49.5 KBName:  tapatalk_1589855748296.jpeg
Views: 114
Size:  42.9 KB
    TANKMASTERJ

Quote Originally Posted by cam1968327 View Post
    Wow! Those are excellent!
    This hood looks amazing - I might have to get those side vents