Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

E-Stopp mounting location first gen?

I am running a full speed tech kit without subframe connectors and trying to figure out some location options for mounting the unit. I thought I had seen someone mount it on the back side of the rear seat in the trunk, but can’t seem to find that thread.

Country Flag: United States
      I believe this is the thread you're talking about. I'd like to do the same thing. Start with post #48.

https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...b-Skills/page2

Quote Originally Posted by John McIntire View Post
      I believe this is the thread you're talking about. I'd like to do the same thing. Start with post #48.

https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...b-Skills/page2

Thank you!

No problem, let us all know what you wind up doing!

Quote Originally Posted by John McIntire View Post
      No problem, let us all know what you wind up doing!
      will do.

The simplest place to mount the E-Stopp actuator is under the floor, attaching it to the sheetmetal. Look for where the seat brace flange is spot-welded to the floor and you'll find a spot where all 4 corners of the actuator can be mounted through flanges so that it's bolted through two layers of sheet metal. You will need to space the back of the actuator down slightly, and weld in a small floor reinforcement point where the actuator cable mount needs to go.

From there, connect the cable to your parking brake lever using the factory cable guides.

I only run a single actuator to a single brake, and it works great -- it will stall the car if you try to drive away with the brake set.

As I said, that's the simplest way.
      John Parsons

UnRivaled Rides -- Modern upgrades for your ride.

UnRivaled Rides recent project -- LS9-powered 69 Camaro

John,

I was looking to mount the actuator in the trunk near the rear seats. I know that the simplest way would be like you described, but I was concerned about space next to the subframe and between the exhaust. The problem I was having was mounting the actuator perpendicular to the frame and being able to attach both left and right parking brakes and have it pull them both equally.

So on your setup, you're only engaging one wheels parking brake? That would be easy to do while mounting it in the trunk area. I just want to make sure it holds and works as this is a manual car and want to be able to have it run while sitting without me in it.

Thanks!

Hi John,

Yes, just one wheel. Like I said above, if you forget to release it, you'll stall the engine when moving. It most definitely holds just fine that way.
      John Parsons

John, do you happen to have any pics of mounting it where you are talking about? Do you think it will hold the car on a slanted driveway with only one wheel also?
      Chris
      1968 Chevy Camaro SS
      LS3/T56 DSE suspension

Here's another alternative. The assumption being that eventually I'll have a false floor in the trunk to cover it up. I think that the shop actually created the mounting bracket incorrectly; as you can see, there is no adjustability in the actual unit, which would have been a good idea, above and beyond what can be achieved with the individual cable adjustments. But it works very well.

Name:  IMG_3273.jpg
Views: 419
Size:  199.7 KB

Name:  IMG_3274.jpg
Views: 427
Size:  186.2 KB
      Steve

Hey John, I had not even considered only one wheel but that makes a lot of sense. Now I have to rethink how I plan to lay out my park brake.
      Steve Hayes
      "Dust Off"
      68 Camaro

Given sufficient initial acceleration, even pigs can fly!

Here's a pic of what I did.

https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...09#post1140309

As far as it holding on a downhill driveway, no problem at all. To a point, you know... it won't hold on a cliff.
      John Parsons

Other than look is there a reason not to connect both sides? Other than length (routing) the two cables will pull the same distance. Right?
      Steve
      '68 Camaro - SBC, TKO600, 3.73 Moser 12-bolt, Speedtech, ATS-AFX, Hotchkis, Forgeline, Ron Davis and C5 brakes (Kore3), Holley Terminator TBI.
      Check it Out Here

Thanks for the info John!
      Chris
      1968 Chevy Camaro SS
      LS3/T56 DSE suspension

Quote Originally Posted by parsonsj View Post
      Here's a pic of what I did.

https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...09#post1140309

As far as it holding on a downhill driveway, no problem at all. To a point, you know... it won't hold on a cliff.
      I like how clean this is. I am using the stock system and HATE the cable routing across the bottom of the car. Looks like next winters project.

Oh and John that oval exhaust in that picture is SEXY! I would love to learn more about that. Hit me in a pm if you can.

Cheers, Steve
      1969 Camaro (Small Tyre Restomod/mild Protour) 245/40/18 F, 275/35/18 R, stock frame, full Ridetech suspension, LS engine, T56 Mag, Wilwood Brakes. A driver car.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com