Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Default Autometer Temperature Gauge with Classic Instruments SN12MM Sending Unit??

My temperature sending unit was initially installed on the upper radiator hose. However, I wanted a cleaner look, and ordered the classic instruments sending Unit SN12MM to fit on the passenger side head. Now I am replacing my old classic instruments gauges with autometer gauges kit. Automer temperature gauge comes with sending unit. Just wondering can I use the autometer gauge with my existing classic instruments temperature sending unit or I have to use the autometer sending unit instead. Will appreciate your input guys.
      72 Camaro RS:SOLD
      68 Camaro:
      LS6 Engine,Tremec TKO 600,5 Speed
      Complete Speedtech Subframe Kit,Speedtech Torque Arm, 9" Rearend from Strange, Wilwood Brakes, Minitubbed, Hotchkis Subframe Connectors

Country Flag: United States
      Anybody?

72 Camaro RS:SOLD
      68 Camaro:
      LS6 Engine,Tremec TKO 600,5 Speed
      Complete Speedtech Subframe Kit,Speedtech Torque Arm, 9" Rearend from Strange, Wilwood Brakes, Minitubbed, Hotchkis Subframe Connectors

They're all pretty standard but I would ask Classic for their specs. I couldn't find any on the web. Here's the link from Autometer. https://www.autometer.com/sensor_specs If they match you are good to go. Short sweep and long sweep have different resistances apparently. The AutoMeter 100 to 250 degree, short sweep temperature gauge uses a specification of 1123 ohms of resistance to ground to = 100 degrees F, and 65 ohms of resistance to ground to = 250 degrees F. HTH.

Alex

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com