Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Rear brakes w/ e-brake drum. Or LS1

Looking for suggestions on a rear disc brake swap that uses integrated ebrake, drum brake inside of rotor. If Im crazy let me know.

69 camaro with for 9". I had this 9" built in the 90's, with an old school approach. Axles and housing ends are from a 75 Oldsmobile delta 88, redrilled for chevy pattern, axles resplined for 9". This gives a larger bearing than big ford, the axles have a gentle taper instead of the stepped 9" axle. After beating this on the drag strip Im confident in the set up.

Short story, I need to do some fab with these axle ends.

I have used LS1 and LT1 rotors, caliper, brackets Ive picked up over the years if these will work.

Looking for suggestions, car will be manual, need a good e brake. If I have to fab mounts anyway are the LS1 or LT1 the way to go, or is there a better starting point to allow integrated or very good e brake.

Thanks

I've used both styles of e-brakes. The drum in rotor like the 2002 fbody and the e-brake built into the caliper like the 97 fbody. By far the drum in rotor type gives you a better e-brake. The e-brake built into the caliper does work but you have really push hard to make it stop the vehicle. The e-brake in caliper will be easier to mount unless your axle flange is the same as a typical 10 bolt chev.

Country Flag: United States
      I was able to find layout on housing ends for comparison. Very similar. Ill see of one of the companies offering mounting brackets can modify one for the Olds ends. Or may have to make my own. Name:  Screenshot_20200228-215523_Chrome.jpeg
Views: 174
Size:  30.8 KBName:  Screenshot_20200228-215537_Chrome.jpeg
Views: 172
Size:  34.0 KB

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com