Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Anyone ever use the Speedway Motors front tubular control arm set on there A body?

I currently have a set of SPC upper control arms. I am wanting the SPC lowers but the cost has jumped since I purchased the uppers. I have thought of returning the SPC uppers and picking up the full set of uppers and lower control arms from Speedway Motors. Cost wise they just about equal out.

In reading reviews, It seems like there is a problem with the upper ball joint that comes with the set. Most recommend replacing it upon installation. I already have a set of raised ball joints for the wagon.

The down side is the speedway pieces are not adjustable like the SPC pieces are. Should I just bit the bullet and get the SPC lowers. Or do the swap.

Tim
      1971 Buick Sportwagon pro-touring project.
      1985 Ford Crown Victoria 2 door
      2000 Ford Crown Victoria

why not keep the SPC uppers and get the Speedway lowers, yes you can mix the brands.
      https://www.protouringf-body.com "doing what they say can't be done"

I have your same issue. I would love the SPC lowers, which among quality and strength benifits, move the pickup point for better caster. , but the price is just so doggone high. Speedway will sell you just the lowers, you just have to call them. I may do this myself, but that nagging sense of "will the weld break on a roadcourse" keeps stopping my from hitting that "buy it now" button.

I would be using the Howes tall upper and lower ball joints from SC&C anyways.

1969 442 6.0L LQ9 T56
      Fab9 w/ custom 3 Link conversion
      FAYS2 Watts link
      Thanks to Mark at SC&C for his honesty and passion for the sport, and Ron Sutton for the wealth of knowledge that has helped shape so many of the cars on this site.

I have both with the tall Howe ball joints and the Delrin bushings, they were worth every penny...

Quote Originally Posted by pitts64 View Post
      I have both with the tall Howe ball joints and the Delrin bushings, they were worth every penny...
      Cool to hear. Can I ask what shocks your running and if you do any autoX or road course events?

1969 442 6.0L LQ9 T56
      Fab9 w/ custom 3 Link conversion
      FAYS2 Watts link
      Thanks to Mark at SC&C for his honesty and passion for the sport, and Ron Sutton for the wealth of knowledge that has helped shape so many of the cars on this site.

Aren’t those speedway ones the same as the CPP and eBay China ones everywhere. pretty sure there all the same with the poor ball joints.
      I’d keep and refurbish your stock lower GM upgrade with the derlin bushings from global west or someplace before putting the China stuff on.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com