Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Vintage Air Gen IV Surefit 2nd Gen Camaro LS3 6L80e

I started to test fit the evaporator unit before connecting hoses. I've noticed the Speedtech trans tunnel causes barely any room.
      I was wondering has anyone had this issue? I was thinking about notching the tunnel or cowl to create enough space for sound deadener, insulation, and carpet.
      Any thoughts would be helpful.

------------------------------
      69 Camaro LS3/6L80e
      70 Camaro RS LS3/6l80e
      74 Nova 434 SBC

It was very tight when we installed it in a friend's 70. Your tunnel looks just a bit higher than his is. We had just enough room to shove the carpet under it. We did not touch the tunnel, but I did trim and notch a couple areas to get the unit as high as possible. If you are routing thru the blower hole as we did, the evap does not need to go in a specific spot. Just leave yourself enough room to feed the hoses & lines up and over to the blower hole opening.

Quote Originally Posted by Z06vet View Post
      It was very tight when we installed it in a friend's 70. Your tunnel looks just a bit higher than his is. We had just enough room to shove the carpet under it. We did not touch the tunnel, but I did trim and notch a couple areas to get the unit as high as possible. If you are routing thru the blower hole as we did, the evap does not need to go in a specific spot. Just leave yourself enough room to feed the hoses & lines up and over to the blower hole opening.
      I noticed the tunnel was slightly high because I can easily put my hand inbetween it and the trans. I didn't realize the body shop placed it so high. I am routing through the kick panel and blower hole. I'll try and shift it over to the right and slightly higher. Currently it's not touching but awfully close.
      ------------------------------
      69 Camaro LS3/6L80e
      70 Camaro RS LS3/6l80e
      74 Nova 434 SBC

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com