Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

LS swap hooker headers?

Doing a LS1/T56 magnum swap in my 67 camaro. Going to be running the Holley motor mounts and possibly their headers. Do you guys have any experience with their stainless steel long tube black-heart hooker headers? Quality, fitment, any rust issues. I seen mark stielow running them on his Gunner 69 camaro. They look pretty good.

Country Flag: United States
      I don't have experience with the Black Heart in particular but do have the first generation of headers they made for the LS swap.
      So, as far as fitment. They fit excellent. Lots of room around the stock power steering box, no need to pull out the hammer to make them fit.
      I also used all the Holley components on my LS swap and the quality of all the parts is excellent.
      I got the ceramic coated ones and the finish on those looks brand new still, have about 5k miles on the motor.
      Hopefully this helps a little, I know it didn't completely answer your question.

Quote Originally Posted by nats68 View Post
      I don't have experience with the Black Heart in particular but do have the first generation of headers they made for the LS swap.
      So, as far as fitment. They fit excellent. Lots of room around the stock power steering box, no need to pull out the hammer to make them fit.
      I also used all the Holley components on my LS swap and the quality of all the parts is excellent.
      I got the ceramic coated ones and the finish on those looks brand new still, have about 5k miles on the motor.
      Hopefully this helps a little, I know it didn't completely answer your question.

thank you

has anyone used their newest mount kit with different headers?

I have just installed the full Hooker setup, i.e:
      engine mounts p/n- 26-12618HKR
      trans crossmember p/n- 26-12626HKR
      Long tube headers p/n- 70101508-1-RHKR

I can tell you everything fit with no modifications required. There are a few tight spots but nothing that required denting of pipes or moving anything.

They fit very well up against the floor pan and have as good of clearance you could ask for with 3" pipes. In addition I am running a dry sump (ATS pan) and a ridetech TruTurn system too. That created some issues but not with the exhaust at all.

I would definitely recommend the Hooker LS system from my experience.

Cheers, Steve
      1969 Camaro (Small Tyre Restomod/mild Protour) 245/40/18 F, 275/35/18 R, stock frame, full Ridetech suspension, LS engine, T56 Mag, Wilwood Brakes. A driver car.

I have them in my car (along with all of the other associated pieces), works awesome!
      Chris
      1968 Chevy Camaro SS
      LS3/T56 DSE suspension

Motor brewmaster
      I just landed an LS7 and that dry sump pan you got is no longer available.
      You running it on am LS7?
      One guy says a GM pan for 13 C6 worked for him on a stock subframe .
      I'm running a Speedtech pro touring subframe the older style.
      You would think Speedtech would keep the ATS pan going but Chadwick says they canned it
      TANKMASTERJ
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...touring-Camaro
      Jasons Toys
      67 Camaro White Lightning LMR LS7 powered, Speed tech Front and Rear.
      2023 Rapid Blue ZL1 the Blue Devil
      2000 HD Softail
      1989 CBR Hurricane anniversary edition

Hey Tank, So no I am not running it on an LS7. I am running it on a LSA/LS3 dry sump setup.
      1969 Camaro (Small Tyre Restomod/mild Protour) 245/40/18 F, 275/35/18 R, stock frame, full Ridetech suspension, LS engine, T56 Mag, Wilwood Brakes. A driver car.

10-4
      Iam going to dry to drop it in with stock pan.
      Came out of a 13 vette. If it don't work I may try an ARE #1007 pan. They say it MAY work but no guarantee. So I'll look for a used one.
      Haven't found a used ATS pan as of yet.

TANKMASTERJ
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...touring-Camaro
      Jasons Toys
      67 Camaro White Lightning LMR LS7 powered, Speed tech Front and Rear.
      2023 Rapid Blue ZL1 the Blue Devil
      2000 HD Softail
      1989 CBR Hurricane anniversary edition

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com