Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

NorCal Newbie Building a 65 Stang

I'm building a 65 mustang coupe on a budget in the East Bay. The car looks good from the 20 foot test but it needs some TLC and performance parts. I've been a tinkerer for years and had a few old school Chevys in my day. Now this will be my build for the time being, planning on involving my son at some point (he's 6) but for now it all gonna be me and whatever resources I can scavenge up. Hope to learn how to build a resto g-machine out of this old Ford and meet a few good people along the way! I'll see if i can post some pictures but for now just wanted to introduce myself.

Country Flag: United States
      Welcome! You going to make it a cruiser or do you plan on doing any autocross or track events? Lots of cool things to do with your car in NorCal.
      Please Subscribe to the AutoXandTrack YouTube Channel

Autocross and track blog about running autocross and track events with pro touring cars

I'm planning on something for the street but that could handle the occasional track-day be it drag or autocross. Not sure it that's possible but that the dream anyway. Thanks for asking!

If anyone knows of a good reputable welder in my area that can help with a mini-tub, roll cage and some chassis work that would be awesome. Let me know.

Country Flag: United States
      For cage work TC Design is one of the best known high quality cage builders for road race cars in Nor Cal. Blaine Fabrication is also top notch but is a one man show and I believe he is temporarily closed right now due to health issues.

Lot of other general purpose hot rod shops that can probably handle your fabrication needs.
      Please Subscribe to the AutoXandTrack YouTube Channel

Autocross and track blog about running autocross and track events with pro touring cars

I've been looking most that are affordable are out of my area might just go that route. Appreciate it!

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com