Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Sniper ac kick wiring

I just installed a Holley Sniper and got it running. Now I realize that I need to wire in the ac kick. I believe that I need to hook the pin A orange wire in the 10 pin connector to the ground of the ac relay. The way my fans are wired they come on either with temp or with the ac compressor. Would it be ok to hook the orange wire to one of the fan relay grounds instead of the ac relay? I’m thinking that if I wire the ac kick to the fan relay I will get a kick when the fans come on and also when the ac/fans comes on. If I recall correctly the fans did cause a drop in idle speed when they come on so having the kick with fan on might be nice. The fan relays are also much more accessible for me because the ac relays would be difficult to access. Is this an ok plan? Thank you

After running the car again, I have decided that I do not need to use the ac kick. The fans do not drop the idle speed like I had originally thought they did. I also spent some time setting the idle correctly. Now when the ac turns on at idle, it only drops slightly and only for a moment before the efi corrects the idle speed. I’m satisfied with the way its working now.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com