Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

So moving to a new position I same company,

I've worked as master technician for Midas shop in Bloomington Indiana, off and on since Feb. 2012 with bit of time away from late 2016 till 2017 when I came back.
      So NOW time and titles move on.
      Owner had been buying and rebuilding store in Indy to maintain the minimum 3 stores and finally after working one in Bloomington and two in Indy area he picks up two independent shops in Bloomington to turn into Midas stores as well.
      So starting Monday I take over the Midas South location after some issues with past personal enjoying the meth pipe a bit too much.
      I'm not going to have pipe bender to start but will still try to provide prebent installs, and hopefully get into mandrel bent flush welded custom systems soon.
      The thing with the mandrel bent flush stuff is TIME.
      Finding people who will pay the money for the time involved.
      The shop isnt perfect, and is getting some improvements soon. But I certainly hope to build and grow the shop and build/revive it's reputation as quality service on all cars.
      As it was formerly ran as a foriegn car service shop.
      Since I have to do double duty for a bit it's gonna be fun.

Lee Abel
      AFTERMARKET PERFORMANCE

1977 Chevy Monza 2+2:Project "Cheap Trick"
      1978 C10 Long bed , On air and trailer puller
      2006 Buell Blast ,Just a bike to ride and for mileage
      1966 Caprice 4dr Sports Roof fact.327/now 350/SOON 454???? Project "II Old,,,ZERO BUDGET OR LESS CAPRICE!"

Update: So on third actual week and its taking time to get business in here and now with Corona BS panicking the college it might get bit tough. Not getting rich but only two of us in store/shop so far. Im shop manager, assumed store manger and other guy was told HE was manager too.
      Anyway we have lot of stupid stuff to deal with, clean up, reorganization, fixing equipment. AND trying to make work easier and more productive.
      Time will tell I guess. I figure if I can make 6 full months at least it will give me something for resume down the road.
      Whole company is struggling a bit but with bit of work I really believe we can bring it way up.
      Wish me continued luck.
      Lee
      Lee Abel
      AFTERMARKET PERFORMANCE

1966 Caprice 4dr Sports Roof fact.327/now 350/SOON 454???? Project "II Old,,,ZERO BUDGET OR LESS CAPRICE!"

Good luck to you, Im sure it’ll work out. Park some cool cars out front to draw attention to the shop. I know every time I see a cool car I do a double take.

Yeah had hoped to get some friends to bring up their older cars but with virus b.s.,,,,,
      Lee Abel
      AFTERMARKET PERFORMANCE

Things are Weird all over - hang in there!

and Stay Safe everyone

Welllll, owner is sort of trying to idle my store and move me to other shop. AND my shop got broke into either Saturday or Sunday so im out like $3000-$4000 in tools. Not sure where that will go now or if his insurance will cover anything.
      This sucks.
      Lee Abel
      AFTERMARKET PERFORMANCE

Yeah, but nothing. Just go in that direction and you will be much better off.

His insurance has to cover it.

Well end of the year, and to check my progress, I ran last year 2019 numbers from Jan 1 to Dec 31. And previous year shop turned $129,xxx and with two or more workers.
      I've had shop since Feb '201st three weeks of Feb it closed and had 8 weeks of idled shop and with ,at most times, 1 person and doing the UHaul till Midas made us get rid of it. I Turned $97xxx.
      So I divided my open weeks to '19 and I'm around $140ish per week down from ' 19 vs '20 and only had 2 man shop 8-9 weeks of year.
      So am I wrong in saying that I feel I held my own. I know we never broke even but dang with one person most times and Covid crap it hurt trying to rebuild shop.
      Lee Abel
      AFTERMARKET PERFORMANCE

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com