Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Clear Side Marker Lenses

Just got my car back from paint jail.

Does anyone know where I could get Clear side marker lenses for my 71 Camaro.

It would look alot better than having the red and amber ones.

Name:  20191230_160902.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  170.3 KB

Could you use some clear plexi and some drop ceiling light diffuser grid to break up the rays of light off of the bulb after taking off the colored lens ?.

I made some custom taillights on my 73 Nova and used red plexiglass and some of the diffuser grid and while I have no pictures I can say you cannot directly see the bulbs.

The diffuser grid material is sold at the bigger hardware stores and one side is smooth and the other side reminds me of diamond cuts on different angles and such. Look in some stores at the 2' x 4' flourescent light fixtures and this grid that is used on some breaks up the light.

https://www.eplastics.com/OA-PRIS2X4...BoCnUcQAvD_BwE

Who knows you might be able to buy a broken lens/diffuser at a store as you might get a deal and won't need much at all.

Jim

Country Flag: United States
      I'll check into that.

I was also told to look into 3D Printing.

EVOD Industries can machine them out for you. They post stuff like that on Instagram all the time and I'm thinking about having them help me with some tail lights.

Instagram: CamaroAJ

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com