Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Custom 67-8 Camaro stuff you have probably never seen

My first real job -with any valuable training was at a boat factory in Roanoke Tx, Laser boats of Texas. they were coming out with 3 new models right at that time and I got intense skills in pattern building , molds and hand layups, later worked for a HD industrial tooling outfit that did aerospace stuff,,, Lockheed trucked the original F16 upper and lower fuselage patterns in that shop and we built giant master gauges off of them. my first big project was this custom removable hardtop for factory 67-8 convertibles.

Attached Images Attached Images  

I always liked the Dana 427 conversions and that cool hood -I later found out they were made by Berry fiberglass manufacturing in the San Fernando vally--the same outfit that built the fiberglass parts for Carrol Shelbys shop converting mustangs to gt350 Shelbys.. I finally got off my ass and did my own custom version, the "Dana F-68" hood. I like low profile stuff, and a cowl hood never looked right on a convertible to me, I didnn't even want the center ridge running down the middle of the hood

in the late 80s and up til 95 i worked for a custom parts shop in Dallas called Custom f/x that pretty much switched to the sport trucks because that the way things were trending, I helped Larry develop the very first smooth cowl hood available for the 88-up chevy pickups, we also did all the rollpans , bumper covers, custom grill shells, after doing some blazer sport truck top projects I did this 67 -8 custom grill shell -when I saw the pro touring trend heating up.

I also did a lower front faring with the spoiler built in, it certainly took care of business as far as keeping the nose planted at Resume Speed, but it was not very beautiful. Now the latest project is replicating a correct version of the Big Block AC firewall suitcase, because ls engines don't fit with a small block box mounted to the firewall --and because im gonna get the ac in my 7 happening this yr. its was a red convertible with factory ac~ and a 4 speed.

- - - Updated - - -

aw damn,

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com