Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

Mini Tubbed 71 Camaro rear suspension advice needed

I am in the process redoing my 71 Camaro, and am contemplating mini tubbing it and was wondering if I mini tubbed it will most off the shelf torque arms and 4 links suspensions still work or will I have to go part custom or get into ridiculous amounts of money.
      I have a moser 12 bolt rear and didn't want to change that either.

You will spend a lot of money to make it worth it. Stock tubs and leaf springs have fit 315’s in a lot of 2nd gen F-Body cars. Mini-tubs, link suspension and everything else needed will get you a 335. If it’s worth it to you, go for it!

Mini Tubbed 71 Camaro rear suspension advice needed

You will most likely need a narrowed rear to take advantage of mini tubs and coil overs with more clearance vs leafs to get those 12” wide wheels and 335 tires in there. So factor that into the cash pile.

Personally I’m happy with 295 rear tire. A 315 might fit with just the right offset and as long as the tire isn’t too tall. Massaging the seatbelt humps will be required and moving the shocks inboard. But you can do that with leaf springs. Those are basically in line with the stock tub.
      1971 Camaro - 406 / T56
      2016 Camaro SS convertible
      2018 Colorado 4x4

Pedro, I know our Torque Arm Kits will fit with Mini Tubs ( we attach to the Inside of the Frame Rails)

On Sec Gen Camaro, you can't simply install the tubs without moving the leaf springs in-board. Cutting the tubs out ALSO cuts out the shock mount. With that, I don't see any issue why a mini-tub would cause you any issues for future suspensions. The links usually go behind the seat and usually bolt to the forward leaf pocket.

The truth here...The "I can fit 3xx tire without tubs" is not entirely true. Keep in mind not ALL tires are the same even though the are the same advertised size. Plus you need the room if you want the wheel to tuck in the well. People who run rear tires larger than a 285-295 are usually massaging the seat belt hump and/or the fender lip is right over the top of the tire. To have a large 335 tire fit right, you need to tub

1970 Camaro/DSE build

Are you driver enough? Maybe....come on blue!
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...71#post1147371

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com