Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Threaded View

New to pro touring and have a question

Hey all,

As stated, I'm new to the world of pro touring and am trying to gather some information. I have always wanted a 1968 camaro. It has been my dream car since i was a little kid. I now am in a place where I can purchase one, but I'm having some reserves now. I feel that I have been spoiled by modern cars a little. I have owned 3 camaros from years 80,86,98, a 02Z06, an 07 z51 vette, and 3 subaru Sti's. With the exceptions of the camaro's, all of these cars have had a good deal of aftermarket power and suspension mods.

Now I know that a 1st gen camaro is not a modern vehicle and will be quite different. However, is it possible to modify one to handle and ride similar without dropping 12k on a complete front subframe kit and 4 link for the rear? I am flirting with buying a mistubishi evo 9 as well. Could a 1st gen keep up with a properly set up evo 9?

I'm not looking to autox, more of a weekend canyon carver and then perhaps get into some road course racing in the future. Would it be worth it to try and build the 1st gen or would my money be better spent on the evo 9 for such things and just build a straight line beast 1st gen?

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com