Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

View Poll Results: what is the value of this car?

Voters
    1. You may not vote on this poll
    • $140,000 asking price

0 0%
    • $130,000-$139,000

0 0%
    • $120,000- $129,000

1 100.00%
    • less than $120,00

0 0%

newbie/need help/advice/55 Chevy

Hi All,

I am interested in a Pro Touring 55 Chevy. It is on Ebay , cherry red, tan interior, 572 with EFI, Morrison chassis. buy now of $140,000. Beautiful car and should be for that kind of money. I am flying out early next week to look at and possibly make an offer. I tried to post the ebay site on this but was unable.

Looking for any insight as to the quality of the build, the choices of engine, chassis etc. Pricing always seems to be a challenge, wondering what the actual build cost would be etc. If interested please provide any insight, good, bad, experiences etc.

Leaving Tuesday morning so any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance and have really enjoyed learning already as i have been researching.

PMcC

If anyone can post the Ebay site that would be great. Tried multiple times but no luck.

Country Flag: Canada
      That's a 250 k $ car easily . Has all the right parts for sure . Me personally I'd dump the big block for a much lighter just as powerful ls or lt motor . Good luck hopefully you drag it home lol

Spinnin'my tires in life's fast lane

Ryan Austin
      On twitter @raustinss
      On Instagram austinss70

thanks...appreciate the input on the LS motor. Seems this site is not that into the 572 or other cast blocks. Some think there is no replacement for displacement.

Hope others weigh in.

Country Flag: Canada
      Big blocks are just soo heavy and not efficient.. if that makes sense , all part of the reason I dumped my 396 . I could get better handling , weight transfer, more power , reliable all at the same cost or even less than what it costs to build a big block . Cheers
      Spinnin'my tires in life's fast lane

Ryan Austin
      On twitter @raustinss
      On Instagram austinss70

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com