Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

fitech still in good standing?

The https://fitechefi.com/ website used to have the manuals I could download, as well as a pretty good array of FAQ and a technical section. Now its almost just a shell. If I google anything related to fitech and it links to their website, its a dead end. Are they on the way out or undergoing a change of sorts?
      I was planning on using a fitech power adder system but their website is so pitiful now that its giving me a vibe to steer clear and go with someone else.
      http://jeff351.blogspot.com

1970 Torino GT
      twin turbo 351c, 6 spd

I'd lean toward a Holley Sniper if I were you.
      1972 Plymouth 'Cuda - Not LS-swapped, 5.7L Hemi [MS3 Gold Box], T56 Magnum 6-speed - 'Cuda Build Page
      1976 Dodge D100 - Warlock
      2016 Subaru WRX - E30 Tune

I think Holley kicked their butt and now owns the market.

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

Regarding the website, I think it's just a glitch that will likely be corrected soon. If Karma is real they have been on hold with website tech support for an hour and will eventually talk to someone who doesn't actually know anything.

I would also lean towards Holley. I am glad FiTech exists, they turned the market on its side and are the number one reason a Sniper is $1000 instead of $1,750.
      Donny

Support your local hot rod shop!

Some sensors & parts may be the same on cheaper units, but I'd be fearful of the rest. From other's experience, I'd also stay clear of Edelbrock systems as well as the Fee foo units & any other ching chang cheaper stuff.. Other than Holley & maybe some MSD stuff coming out, Motec is about the only other control units consistently said to be quality I know of.

All being said, I've had no problems with my FiTech..

Carl Wilson
      1968 Camaro - T-56 6 speed - 383 Stroker, 2014 Mustang GT seats. FiTech EFI, Tanks Inc. Tank with Deutschwerks fuel pump.

Holley Sniper. I had a buddy with fitech and he always had issues. My friend just went Holley Sniper and his car fired up about 2nd try and runs flawless.
      Ahmad B.

Fitech makes a good product, and you got to give it to the guys for making a go of it. Like many other products, Holley copies them, and then buys them out. Big conglomerates have way more copyright lawyers and bigger legal budgets than the Ma and Pop shops. Look how many names the Holley investment team has sucked up over the years. Just to name a few... Never hurts to own the competition.
      ACCEL, Flowmaster, Hurst, Range Technology, Anvil Off-Road, Flowmonster, Lakewood, Sniper, APR, Flowtech Exhaust, Mallory, SPAL Fans, B&M, Frostbite Cooling, Mr. Gasket, Street Fire, Brawler, Hays, MSD, STS Turbo, Bright Earth, MSD Atomic, Superchips, CataClean, Holley EFI, MSD DynaForce, Weiand, Demon,
      Holley Ford Fest, NOS, White Box, DiabloSport, Holley iNTECH, ProConnect, XDR, Dinan, Holley LSFest, Quick Fuel Technology, Earl's, Hooker, Quick Time
      *Edge, Hooker BlackHeart, Racepak

Quote Originally Posted by oleyeller View Post
      Fitech makes a good product, and you got to give it to the guys for making a go of it. Like many other products, Holley copies them, and then buys them out. Big conglomerates have way more copyright lawyers and bigger legal budgets than the Ma and Pop shops. Look how many names the Holley investment team has sucked up over the years. Just to name a few... Never hurts to own the competition.
      ACCEL, Flowmaster, Hurst, Range Technology, Anvil Off-Road, Flowmonster, Lakewood, Sniper, APR, Flowtech Exhaust, Mallory, SPAL Fans, B&M, Frostbite Cooling, Mr. Gasket, Street Fire, Brawler, Hays, MSD, STS Turbo, Bright Earth, MSD Atomic, Superchips, CataClean, Holley EFI, MSD DynaForce, Weiand, Demon,
      Holley Ford Fest, NOS, White Box, DiabloSport, Holley iNTECH, ProConnect, XDR, Dinan, Holley LSFest, Quick Fuel Technology, Earl's, Hooker, Quick Time
      I talked to some guys at Holley when the Sniper was coming to market and they had no problems with FiTech being around. They said they had the Sniper in developement and that FiTech just beat them to market. I'm sure like Donny said may have played a part in the pricepoint. On the other hand with FiTech's reputation for poor tech support it would be foolish for Holley to buy them, you would only need to do that if the product was superior. Most people who do their homework before buying end up with a Holley product.
      Big dreams, small pockets....

Chris--
      '72 Cutlass S LSA/T56 Magnum
      Bowler Performance, Rushforth Wheels, ATS, Holley EFI, KORE3, Ridetech

Project Motor City Madness

Thanks for the replies. Looks like I'll go with a Holley Sniper instead. Kind of pissed Fitech didn't work out, I actually modified my radiator core support to mount the 1st gen Command Center (which I did the return line mod on) Looks cool, so that part will stay. It supplies ~58 psi which is the range for the Holley system also.
      http://jeff351.blogspot.com

1970 Torino GT
      twin turbo 351c, 6 spd

Installing a modern fuel module in the tank eliminates having the FCC. I've never been warm to the idea of having a gallon of hot fuel in the engine compartment along with all of the extra pump(s) and hoses.
      VaporWorx. We Give You Gas http://www.vaporworx.com

Quote Originally Posted by jlcustomz View Post
      Some sensors & parts may be the same on cheaper units, but I'd be fearful of the rest. From other's experience, I'd also stay clear of Edelbrock systems as well as the Fee foo units & any other ching chang cheaper stuff.. Other than Holley & maybe some MSD stuff coming out, Motec is about the only other control units consistently said to be quality I know of.
      Kind of surprised to hear this about Edelbrock. I just purchased their Pro-Flow 4 XT system for my SBC. Pricey, but it includes intake manifold with fuel rails, sequential EFI system with computer, wiring & tuning tablet, plus a distributor that is controllable vis the EFI computer. The most complete system I found. Most other systems were merely EFI throttle bodies. I'm going through the install now; no problems so far.

I look forward to your feedback on the pf4
      Scott from NJ.

Vent Windows Forever! ...

Feather-light suspension, Konis just couldn't hold
      I'm so glad I took a look inside your showroom doors

Quote Originally Posted by gdphillipswagon View Post
      Kind of surprised to hear this about Edelbrock. I just purchased their Pro-Flow 4 XT system for my SBC. Pricey, but it includes intake manifold with fuel rails, sequential EFI system with computer, wiring & tuning tablet, plus a distributor that is controllable vis the EFI computer. The most complete system I found. Most other systems were merely EFI throttle bodies. I'm going through the install now; no problems so far.
      Any update on the Pro Flo 4? Looking at it for a sbc

Quote Originally Posted by oleyeller View Post
      FYI, Holley has zero to do with Fitech...

Andrew
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

We've also never sold injectors to Fitech. Theirs are from somewhere in China.

Holley's are made in Greenville, SC.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      FYI, Holley has zero to do with Fitech...

Andrew

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com