Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

17-19 challenger/ charger power/heated/cooled seats question

Hello everyone, quick question regarding front seats. Has anyone swapped newer front power/heated/cooled 17-19 challenger/charger seats in their cars? I heard the bcm is needed for the Seats to operate correctly due to the heat and cooled buttons being on the radio screen. All tips, knowledge will help a lot thank you. Question is for my neighbor and his project Demon

Anyone?

If they are operated like the 2018 Mustang seats I'm using, you must use the factory controllers.
      If he likes the seats and wants to still have heat and cool functions, look at swapping the factory heat and cool units with ones from leatherseats.com.
      I had talked with them about using their controllers with the factory components but their reply was that it was not recommended and they would not help with any modification of the two systems tech.

When I had asked the forum the same question, some of the suggestions were to hotwire the system for heated seat, but there would be no cooling. This was confirmed by an electrical engineer that I had made contact with that had modified a set of F150 seats.

Look up Peltier effect or thermoelectric heating and cooling, it's easier than trying to explain it. This is how the seats operate.

I know thats not what he wants to hear.
      Later,
      Dan
      2,500th member!

Yea idk how much he wants to get into it getting them to operate fully. I told him he might have to settle with just the power options that are on the seats and not the heated or cooled option. Especially cause the buttons are on the radio touch screen. I had this idea for my car as well, but I feel it's too much of a headache. The seats are super comfy, but I might have to look I to something else or go with TMI seats.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com