Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

front sets too low

66 Lemans conv. 489 BBC with iron heads. I have stock 66 GTO springs with 1" spacers, and Heidi's 2" dropped spindles Stock lower control arms and after market upper control arms. Tires are 245/75R17. The headers are about 2" off the ground. The top of the tire hits the underside of the inner fender well. Since Eaton made the original springs I called them to find out the weight rating and compression heights of a stock 66 GTO and a 66 Chevelle 396 SS with A/C. The guy I talked to said they had no information on either. How can a spring maker NOT KNOW the weight rating of a spring. They make custom applications so it makes no sense! Does anyone know there values. Any idea how to raise the car up 1" or 1 1/2 in.

Remove the drop spindles and coil spacers. That will gain you an inch or so.

Don
      1969 Camaro - LSA 6L90E AME sub/IRS
      1957 Buick Estate Wagon
      1959 El Camino - Ironworks frame
      1956 Cameo - full C5 suspension/drivetrain
      1959 Apache Fleetside

remember this, load over distance, if you change either the load or the distance you have to change the rate, by lowering the car (regardless of the method) you alter the distance, you have to increase the rate
      https://www.protouringf-body.com "doing what they say can't be done"

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com