Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Country Flag: United States

New bake system layout

I'm about to start running hard lines around my chassis for the brake system. It is all brand new disc brake equipment that will be fed by a 1" Baer Remaster with a proportioning valve. This is all scratch built on a clean sheet.

How important is the position of the T-fittings at the front and rear? As in, if the front/rear T is closer to the left or the right side, does that create a bias of pressure to the closest wheel first. I noticed a number of OEM systems are not totally centered, but I'd like my brakes to work as evenly as possible. My brain says that the closest wheel would bite first, but I'm hoping one of you knows some facts.

Thanks!
      '95 F-150 track ready street beast
      Want more projects/photos? Check my Instagram

Position of the T fittings does not matter in the system. Since both corners of each half (F&R) are tied together, then the pressures will be the same regardless of the brake line length. Only exception would be if there was air in the system or something like a pinched line, then there could be less pressure in one side.

Easiest way to remember is since it is a hydraulic system, imagine the fluid is a solid link from the MC to the caliper when you hit the brakes. Whatever input force is created by the MC is transferred to the calipers by the fluid, and they will be equal on each side if everything in the system is normal.

Hope this helps!
      Nelson
      1969 Chevelle "Cone Smasher" Family Project
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...uot?highlight=

1984 "Rustang" GT, 5.0, 5 Speed Project
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...T-(Slow-Build)

Thanks! I wanted to believe that as a fluid under pressure it would take the path of least resistance first until everything was equal, but I wasn't totally sure. Thank you for confirming that my brain was overthinking.

This will help with positioning the T's immensely.
      '95 F-150 track ready street beast
      Want more projects/photos? Check my Instagram

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com