Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Heidts 4 link Question

Ok I finally bought a Heidts 4 link for my 69 Camaro, I plan on installing it in the next year along with a rear disc brake set up I bought from Summit. I currently have a 10 bolt in the car and I also have a 12 bolt from an earlier Nova that measures 57.75”. My question is can I use the 12 bolt in place of the 10 bolt since it’s 60.25”?

The kit came with your basic Viking Coilovers shocks. I don’t know if these will be sufficient but I don’t plan on racing, just a daily driver.

Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by elwaupo View Post
      OMy question is can I use the 12 bolt in place of the 10 bolt since it’s 60.25”?
      To answer that question, a question must be asked - can your car accommodate the wheels mounting face being 1.25 inches further inboard? If so it won't be a problem. If it will, you can visit your local rear end shop to have the axles lengthened. It'll mean new tubes from the housing out, and new axle shafts. It would also be a good time to eliminate the C-clips.

https://www.hotrod.com/articles/ccrp...-axle-upgrade/

Quote Originally Posted by Vimes View Post
      To answer that question, a question must be asked - can your car accommodate the wheels mounting face being 1.25 inches further inboard? If so it won't be a problem. If it will, you can visit your local rear end shop to have the axles lengthened. It'll mean new tubes from the housing out, and new axle shafts. It would also be a good time to eliminate the C-clips.

https://www.hotrod.com/articles/ccrp...-axle-upgrade/
      Yes there is still a couple of inches of clearance, it moves the wheels in 1.25 on each side. I figured wheel spacers could take up some of that room

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com