Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 68 Camaro build

Country Flag: United States
      Beautiful car!!!!! But those wheels,,,, just ruin the whole looks of the car, IMO. Vette wheels never look good on a Camaro. 18 or 20" new billet Ralleye wheels with tall center caps would look killer on a white car. But I love the white!!!

So I was able to make a little more progress over the last couple weeks.

Before we installed the motor i wanted to make sure we had the transmission and clutch all figured out before we installed into the car. Since the new mission is to get the car together the initial plan is to install a Muncie 4 speed (will later change to a Tremec TKX). To install the old 4 speed to the LS1 i am using a quick time bellhousing with a LS7 clutch and flywheel actuated by a Tilton throw-out bearing . Attachment 203672Attachment 203671Attachment 203677Attachment 203672Name:  clutch.jpg
Views: 370
Size:  514.4 KBName:  bell.jpg
Views: 368
Size:  487.9 KBName:  TB.jpg
Views: 373
Size:  226.1 KB

Once clutch and Trans was all solved it was time to install the motor and trans into the car. This was a big day and makes a marked improvement on the progress of the project. We installed the motor first then trans from under the car (this went pretty easy since we did a test fit with everything out of the car). Once the motor was in i realized that the trans mount i purchased for my front sub frame was not correct and would not work with my set-up, so we have to build our own. I ended up using round tube to allow the exhaust to run as tight as possible to the floor. Name:  eng 1.jpg
Size:  436.1 KBName:  eng 2.jpg
Views: 367
Size:  519.4 KBName:  eng 3.jpg
Size:  429.9 KBName:  cross 1.jpg
Views: 371
Size:  635.7 KB

What white is that? As you will see in my build my 67 is white and strikingly close to it yours in color. Needless to say I love your car lol. It's beautiful.
      Jason
      TANKMASTERJ
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...touring-Camaro
      Jasons Toys
      67 Camaro White Lightning LMR LS7 powered, Speed tech Front and Rear.
      2023 Rapid Blue ZL1 the Blue Devil
      2000 HD Softail
      1989 CBR Hurricane anniversary edition

Love the progress. I can’t wait to see updates on this build!
      Martin

Dude, like the stance and the Z06 Wheels! Please keep postings pics with updates.

Jason: Thanks for the kind words, i have followed on your build too (the cars are similar for sure). Regarding the color code that is one of my regrets, i don't have a real paint code i just asked for the brightest white possible. It looks great and is what i wanted but now i don't have a paint code and now it won't be easy to get any touch-up paint.

Everyone else thanks for the support...

Congrats on getting the motor and trans installed. Remind me again what ECU are you running?

1955 Nomad project LC9, 4L80e, C5 brakes, Vision wheels
      1968 Camaro 6.2 w/ LSA, TR6060-Magnum hybrid and etc SOLD
      1976 T/A LS1 6 Speed, and etc. SOLD
      Follow me on Instagram: ryeguy2006a

I plan on running the Holey Terminator X. This is the next major purchase for the car. Once I have that i will jump in on the wiring and get that all installed and set up.

Hi, what front end components did you use? Did you upgrade the suspension with a subframe from one of the manufacturers, or did you add specific things?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com