Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

68 camaro rs wheel question

Little help here. trying to figure out back spacing for my 68 camaro rs. I mini tubbed the rear with a ridetech 4 link and used there narrowed rear end (54.75) with wilwood brakes. My measurements are 7 5/8” from fender lip to wms and 6 3/8” from wms to inside of wheel tub. I plan on running a 18 x 11 with 315/30 for the rear.. I came up with 5.25 but not sure if that’s right?

For the front i have tubular controller arms (not sure brand got them from a friend who had them laying around) with ridetech tall spindles and wilwood dynapro 6 piston brakes 12.19” rotors Viking coilover’s I don’t have the front clip on yet but would 245/40/18 on 18 x 8 with 4.875 bs be a safe bet or should I wait till I have the front clip back on to measure?

this is my first endeavor in the car building process so any help is much appreciated
      thanks kevin

Progress so far still a long way to go but hoping to be on the road by spring. It’s got a 630 hp sbc 434 with Holley multiport efi, and a little shot of nos on tap For some extra fun
      Attached Images Attached Images        

Country Flag: United States

Thanks for the reply. I have read that thread previously but I am mini tubbed with the 4 link so I’m sure the 315 on an 11” wheel will fit just looking for verification on my bs measurement. As far as the front will the control arms, spindles and brakes make much of a difference vs stock

Country Flag: United States
      That 54.75" is measured from where to where? My 68 is mini-tubbed and I am currently running a 18x12 335s so your 18x11 315 will have plenty of room in the wheel well. I'm running a G-link 4 link which is very similar to the ridetech and my rear axle is 57" wheel mount surface (WMS) to WMS. I run a 5.6" back space which is why I ask where you measured your 54.75".

Up front I run 18x10 275s with 6.6" back space and no fender modification. You could easily run a 18x9 255 and have room to spare. Unfortunately, since you have no idea what the control arms are it is impossible to give any real recommendation on front offsets. If I were you I would remount the front clip so you can take some actual measurements.
      Steve Hayes
      "Dust Off"
      68 Camaro

Given sufficient initial acceleration, even pigs can fly!

Quote Originally Posted by TheJDMan View Post
      That 54.75" is measured from where to where? My 68 is mini-tubbed and I am currently running a 18x12 335s so your 18x11 315 will have plenty of room in the wheel well. I'm running a G-link 4 link which is very similar to the ridetech and my rear axle is 57" wheel mount surface (WMS) to WMS. I run a 5.6" back space which is why I ask where you measured your 54.75".

Up front I run 18x10 275s with 6.6" back space and no fender modification. You could easily run a 18x9 255 and have room to spare. Unfortunately, since you have no idea what the control arms are it is impossible to give any real recommendation on front offsets. If I were you I would remount the front clip so you can take some actual measurements.
      I got the 54.75 measurement from ridetech’s website I didn’t actually measure it I’m thinking that its the housing itself the 6 3/8 from the wms to the inner fender and 7 5/8 from wms to outter lip is actual measurements I took after I installed the rear end and brakes. I’ll measure the rear end tonight and see what it is wms to wms.

As far as the front end I kinda figured I needed the front clip back on to be safe. To get the 18 x 9 with the 255 would I have to roll the fender lip? I have the stock front subframe? I like the ideal of going as wide as I can but this is my first build and I’m definitely testing my fab skills with this and trying not to make any costly mistakes so I was trying to keep from giving myself too many headaches and staying somewhat conservative with the front end

Quote Originally Posted by Heavyonthegas View Post
      I got the 54.75 measurement from ridetech’s website I didn’t actually measure it I’m thinking that its the housing itself the 6 3/8 from the wms to the inner fender and 7 5/8 from wms to outter lip is actual measurements I took after I installed the rear end and brakes. I’ll measure the rear end tonight and see what it is wms to wms.

As far as the front end I kinda figured I needed the front clip back on to be safe. To get the 18 x 9 with the 255 would I have to roll the fender lip? I have the stock front subframe? I like the ideal of going as wide as I can but this is my first build and I’m definitely testing my fab skills with this and trying not to make any costly mistakes so I was trying to keep from giving myself too many headaches and staying somewhat conservative with the front end
      I measured my rearend tonight and it actually 54 3/4 from wms to wms

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com