Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

Login / Register

TKO Crossmember Help!

Those of you who have done a LS swap in a 1st Gen Camaro using the Holley motor Mounts, what crossmember are you using for the TKO600? The SilverSport one I have does not fit well and I have header/Exhaust clearance issues with the crossmember. I am using the Hooker Blackheart headers.

Country Flag: United States
      I would suggest you reach out to Holley/Hooker. I have the Holley motor mounts, crossmember and Hooker Blackheart headers comb for my ls3(ish) T56 Mag swap into a 1st gen. Everything so far is fitting well, however I have not installed from the headers back yet. I do know that the Holley crossmember has cutouts to allow the Blackheart headers to have better ground clearance and that will be important for your decision. Have you mocked in the engine/trans with the headers?

They might be able to help regarding the TKO vs the other crossmember options they offer.
      1969 Camaro (Small Tyre Restomod/mild Protour) 245/40/18 F, 275/35/18 R, stock frame, full Ridetech suspension, LS engine, T56 Mag, Wilwood Brakes. A driver car.

Its all mocked up. The headers are about 1/4" to high to clear the cross member.

Country Flag: New Zealand

Made my own

I made my own, pretty simple design
      Thats a 3" exhaust nearly flush with bottom of chassis rail.
      Pencil line is the floor of my 68'
      Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 190
Size:  47.6 KB
      Quote Originally Posted by thewgp View Post
      Its all mocked up. The headers are about 1/4" to high to clear the cross member.
      Damien
      Napier, New Zealand
      Project Page: https://www.pro-touring.com/showthread.php?99096-Project-Camaro-68-P-T-Muscle
      Next Project: 1956 Chevy Truck, Full C3 Suspension, Nascar Inspired

Country Flag: United States
      I have one that I'm not using similar to the pic above. DM me & I'll get you pictures & dimensions

Ha! Same thing happened to me. 1970 Nova LS3 TKO600 Holley motormounts. The one SilverSport sent me didn’t match up even close. Wayyyy off.

Ended up using one from a 69 Firebird. Bolted up with minimal mods.

I ended up getting the X-Factor adjustable.

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com